Mirapex User Reviews

Mirapex - User Reviews

Mirapex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Mirapex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: ME2, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 28

At first you will think this drug is a miracle, but be careful. It can become the drug from hell. Severe edema, obsessive/compulsive behavior, pathological gambling, severe insomenia--it almost ruined my life. Certainly not worth the benefits!

Related Reading: edema

Comment from: carl, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 08

For years and years I had a lot of jerking twitching and I could not sleep in bed very long.I had to sleep in the recliner for a while and then get up and start moving my legs. While driving I would have to stop and get out and walk around.The doctors before had no idea what was wrong with me and I finally gave up and just started living with it.I was finally diagnosed with RLS and was given Requip which my me very drowsy and had a hard time driving and I quit taking it as I like to work and I would end up taking a nap a lot. I found a doctor and he prescribed Mirapex and since I started taking it I was able to get some rest and sleep. Do you know what it is like to go 40 years with it and finally find something that would let me get some rest? I also do night driving and it does not make me drowsy or anything. I can lie down and take a nap get get up and start doing things right away.I will never go back to Requip. So far Mirapex has been a MIRACLE for me.

Related Reading: sleep | Requip | Mirapex

Comment from: Lesley, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 30

My RLS got increasingly worse after 40. After trying everything from no sugar, caffeine, moderate exercise, etc. I broke down and opted for help. I'd wake up with my legs up the wall! After taking for more than 6 months, I am not only sleeping 100x better, but my moods are greatly improved. Believe I used to suffer mild depressions due to lack of sleep and/or dopamine issue? Whatever! So much happier and rested now!

Related Reading: dopamine

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 17

I have had RLS for over 40 years, and for the past 5 years have been taking Mirapex. It is without a doubt a MIRACLE drug! Over the years, I have had it adjusted up, and am now completely stable. I had tried everything. By the time I found Mirapex, my RLS had spread from my lower, to my upper legs and into my arms. I suffered terribly and could be found anytime, day or night sitting up, rocking back and forth and crying. It got so bad I would double up my fists and beat on my legs. I couldn't drive or sleep. At one time I needed an MRI, and they had to discontinue the test because my body would not hold still, it just kept jerking. I was denied a badly needed test because of it. And it became a 24/7 problem as it worsened. The only time I could get any relief at all was standing up, and of course that is impossible on a 24 hour a day basis. For 45 years, I hadn't had a decent nights sleep. I was beyond depressed all the time. When my Doctor decided to try Mirapex, she had never used it for RLS and now, all of her RLS patients are on it and doing beautifully! I have had no side effects (and no extreme urges of any kind), just tremendous relief! I would recommend it to anyone, anyone and everyone. It saved my life! I will NEVER allow myself to feel what I did for so many years again. Thank God for Mirapex!! And to be honest: if there are to be any side effects (of which I have had none)that maybe someday, I might have as a result, I don't care. There is absolutely nothing that could ever be worse than what I have gone through for so many years as I have with RLS, and I have a great many serious and painful problems. Believe me, they don't hold a candle to the suffering that this disease puts you through. Try it. Anyone reading this, TRY IT. You won't be sorry.

Comment from: RT, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 27

I have been on mirapex since june of 2006 and developed an addiction to gambling so I am starting another drug.

Comment from: ThomNOLA, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 23

For RLS. At first, it seemed like a miracle but it was just a sudden change in severe RLS to become moderate. As time went on, it has become less and less effective and I am experiencing restlessness, sleeplessness and extremely vivid dreaming. Legs are still crawling at 0.0125mg dose.

Comment from: Dee, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 29

Have had RLS for better than 10 years when clonazepam was prescribed for treatment. It didn't work very well. Sometime later Requip was prescribed. I didn't find it all that effective and it made me a bit sick to my stomach. The RLS continued to worsen, somtimes causing me to lose sleep night after night and be miserable on a 4hr. or better flight. Then a new doctor prescribed Mirapex. It was and continues to be a miracle drug for me. I don't know what I'd do without it. And ... NO... I haven't developed an addiction to gambling nor have I become afflicted with any other compulsive behavior disorder. MIRAPEX rocks if you have RLS.

From WebMD