Mirapex User Reviews

Mirapex - User Reviews

Mirapex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Mirapex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: mpatie852, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 18

I have been on Mirapex for almost 2 years, for RLS. It seemed to be working, however I also suffer from sleep apnea and fibromyalgia. I have been taking 2mg before bed. For the last 6 mos or so, I've been telling the Drs that I have periods of just spacing out, or "falling asleep". Could happen during a conversation, at a red light etc. They associated it with the apnea. I recently "fell asleep" momentarily while driving and was in an accident. Luckily no one was hurt, but the Drs immediately took me off this drug because of the sudden onset of sleep side effect. If this happens...please notify your doctor immediately. I'm lucky no one got hurt. I never realized the seriousness of this side effect and now wonder why the Drs all let me go for 6 mos complaining about what I was feeling/doing and never associated it with the drug? Please be careful!

Related Reading: sleep apnea | fibromyalgia

Comment from: leamas, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 11

I am taking this for RLS, but I also have Fibroyalgia--I sleep better, feel better (MORE POSITIVE), and am off my anti-depressants. This is a great medication--anyway, my doctor is trying this for my RLS but also had read a study where FMS patients felt better--I hope it works--I sure do feel better-- leamas1957@hotmail.com

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 23

Extreme weight gain (40 pounds) over a period of 6 months. Took in addition to Carbidopa-Levadopa. Mirapex was effective in relieving the Parkinson's problems, but the wright gain was not worth it. Requip produced the same weight gain.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 04

For three months now I have been taking .5mg of Mirapex three times a day. I have been very satisfied. I have had very few side effects. I do still have a little tremor. My stiffness is nearly gone. Does not make me sick like Requip did. Love it!!!

Comment from: fireproof30, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 10

I have been taking this medication for 5-6 years now, and while it does help with the symptoms, I have been experiencing augmentation with my symptoms. The past month it's been worse than it's ever been. Also, due to the compulsive side effects (scientifically proven) such as gambling, overeating, etc., which I exhibit also, I decided to stop taking it a couple of days ago until I talk to a neurologist/sleep specialist in a couple of weeks. Apparently that was a bad idea. First night was fine, but second night, my symptoms were so bad, one spasm (full-body) almost cracked my head against the wall next to my bed. Felt extreme symptoms in both legs and both arms, and they kept me awake for at least 3 hours after I went to bed. I've never been officially diagnosed with RLS; 5-6 years ago I told my doc about the symptoms and he basically threw the medication at me. Hopefully the neurologist/sleep spec will reveal something more solid. Again, it does work pretty well most of the time, but over the last month or so, some nights it hasn't stopped the symptoms at all. I've also become a compulsive gambler/shopper since I started taking the medication, and can't go more than a couple of hours without eating something. I can't prove that the medication is influencing this, but those behaviors started around the same time I started the med. Definitely worth resarching since it's been scientifically proven to influence, even cause compulsive behavior due to excess simulated dopamine in the brain. Caveat emptor!

Comment from: KittyBelle, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 01

This medicine has helped immensely with my RLS as well as Fibromyalgia! I have been allergic to Requip (dye on the tablets) as well as having issues with other medications. Myself, as well as a few others I know with both RLS and Fibro all report that the fibro is better controlled while on Mirapex, and I'm reading that they're considering Mirapex as a fibro treatment. It works beautifully. Still adjusting the dosage here (going to .5 mg tonight) but overall, I feel 110% better.

Comment from: albrigs, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 29

As long as I take it 2-3 before bed, I'm ok. I started on lowest dose, but have had to have dose raised 3x's. I'm at 1Mg. now, But going to ask for it to be raised again--if I try to nap during day or even just relax, legs start jerking. It does help me sleep, so I'm happy. After researching, I found out its hereditary(I have it and so does my mom & daughter. I also found out that it's linked to "growing pains", which I had a horrible case of as a kid. Good luck to everyone dealing with this. Sweet Dreams Shelley

Comment from: lmc, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 29

I have been on Mirapex for about a year. I started on the lowest dosage and have had to increase to the next level. Some nights my legs are worse than others and I need to take two pills. Since starting Mirapex I always feel bloated, I am not sure if this is due to the medication or not but it is not a problem I ever had prior to taking it. I also don't like the "drugged" feeling when I wake in the morning but I deal with it because at least I can sleep. Without Mirapex I would not get to sleep at all.