Mirapex User Reviews

Mirapex - User Reviews

Mirapex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Mirapex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: sweetalker1962, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 26

this medicine is wonderful. it did hlp my RLS the 2+ years that i have been taking it. but now i have some across some of the side effects from taking it. weak, falling asleep at the drop of a hat, dizzy, swelling feet & ankles, loss of memory, not feeling well, my sexual habits are no longer there, blood in the urine. it does work. but there has got to be something out there that is more stable to take that is going to give all the bad side effects with it.

Related Reading: sexual

Comment from: Mike, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 20

I used Mirapex for RLS at bedtime. Within 3 hours, I'm standing in the bathroom with water running out of every pore. Then I'm so dizzy and foggy headed I can hardly navigate back to the bedroom. Its makes me feel like I've got severe pneumonia with fever. This is NOT the drug for me. I'm going back to Requip. Never had these problems with that. Thanks, Mike

Related Reading: pneumonia | fever

Comment from: lindalainey, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 19

I have had RLS for nearly my entire life, which, being 61 years old..has been awhile. It was about 15 years ago that my doc and I discovered mirapex. We tried some others first..they wore off/out after taking for a few months. Mirapex has not failed me. I also get it in my arms and I often tell people (including my doc) that if I were not able to have mirapex, I would prob end up in a mental institution wearing a straight jacked. For me, if there are side effects I am experiencing.. so be it. I cannot maintain sanity without it.

Comment from: Tammy, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 10

I have had RLS for many years, and started taking Mirapex about a year ago. It has seriously helped my RLS, but I have gained 15 pounds since I have been taking it, and I walk 1-2 miles a day, and have cut way back on my diet, and am still gaining weight. My thinking was the exercise would make me feel better, but the medicine is making me gain weight which is defeating the whole purpose. So, I either have my legs hurt and twitching all night or I just keep gaining weight.

Comment from: MaryAnne, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 13

I've been taking Mirapex for about two years now, and it's been a life saver. I've had RLS for most of the latter half of my life (I'm 51), but it has gotten increasingly worse in the last two or three years to where I can't sit still on a bus or lie in bed awake for hours. When I finally reported this to my doctor (who argued with me that this is ONLY a nighttime sleep disorder and I had to print out pages of from medical research on the Internet to prove it wasn't), he prescribed Mirapex. I wouldn't do without it for the world. I've had to start taking it twice a day because the condition has worsened, but, I don't care - I'd take it 5 times a day if necessary.

Comment from: Marjie, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 28

I was prescribed Mirapex for Restless Leg Syndrome. I caused abnormal thinking, severe edema (swelling) in my legs, feet and arms, and I went for about two months without sleeping. If you or your family notice behavior changes, notify your doctor immediately!!!

Related Reading: Restless Leg Syndrome

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 23

I was diagnosed with RLS about 5 years ago and the Dr gave me a sample to try. It worked wonders! In fact I couldn't make it through one night without it, I literally had to drive to the pharmacy to get refills in order to get thru thr nights sometimes! But 5 years later, I have increased it a few times, on bad nights, by like 1/2 pill. If I double the dose it makes my stomach nauseated. But it seems to be loosing its effectiveness I am sorry to report! I agree with some of the other posts that say that without some type of medication for this disorder, it feels like you want to be drugged and hospitalized...because it is soooo nerve wrecking! I really hope they can find a reason and a cure for this disorder!!!

Comment from: maryc, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 12

I am a 64 year old female and have had RLS since I was a teenager, but in the early days it mostly bothered me occasionally when I hadn't slept well for a couple of nights. It gradually got worse over the years. About two years ago I started to have distressing symptoms almost every night. At first I took Requip, but I got such a bad case of dry mouth I had to switch to Mirapex. It has greatly improved my ability to sleep. However, since the directions said to take it 1 to 3 hours before bedtime, that's what I've done. But I find I can't sit down to read or watch TV in the late afternoon or evening without symptoms kicking in. Also, it takes at least 1 1/2 hours for the medication to kick in. Since I read here that other users take it at other times of the day or even split the pill in two, I'm going to try that. Maybe it will improve the quality of my leisure time as well as my sleep!

Related Reading: dry mouth