Mirapex User Reviews

Mirapex - User Reviews

Mirapex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Mirapex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 04

My ex-sleep specialist abruptly changed my prescription of Mirapex and I have been dealing with horrible withdrawal, including extreme anxiety and nausea. Anyone taking this drug should be aware of the potential harm when one stops. I also had a huge weight gain and compulsive shopping while taking mirapex. I hope to soon be over the effects but do not recommend this treatment.

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: slaster, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 18

I've taken Mirapex for 3 years. Have had restless legs since childhood (now 45). It works GREAT! There is also now a generic form of the medicine but very hard to get due to demand. My biggest caution is that you become dependant on this drug. Do NOT just quit taking it! You must ease off just as you would depression medicine. I also feel my restless leg symtoms are much worse now than before I took Mirapex but the pills resolve it before bedtime. Even though those things are the bad side I still take it because I do not sleep well without it. It may take hours for the exahustion to overrule the restlegs without it. It has really been a lifesaver. Just read the side effects and know how to take it - and don't assume your doctor will tell you this. Mine did not.

Related Reading: depression