Kariva User Reviews

Kariva - User Reviews

Kariva User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Kariva sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: janet , 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 10

this bcp has definitely cleared up my skin which i'm thrilled about. however, i also become more depressed more frequently than what is normal for me. additionally, i start crying for pretty much no reason at all. this is definitely a new development, and i think people might think that i'm a little bit crazy. but the clear skin and lack of babies make me want to stay on it.

Comment from: at2325, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 19

I have been on Kariva for 7 years. It cleared up my acne and it helps keep me stable and happy. I've never had to switch birth control pills since being on Kariva.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 19

HATED THIS MEDICINE!!!!! made me soooo ridiculously moody throughout the entire month, not just near my period. Never had acne until I used Kariva. Always felt bloated and tired. This pill completely took away my entire sex drive. Stopped after 2 months of use.

Comment from: iluvmypom, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 07

I've always had problems with other bc pills.terrible side effects. I went through i think 5 different kinds. I finally found this one and have been on it for 3 years now. my period is lighter and last only a few days,minimal cramping. my skin looks better than it has in awhile. I still am extra sensitive and moody right before but i think thats just me.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 31

My doctor switched me to Kariva after I was having terrible mood swings on Ortho-Novum 7/7/7. I no longer had mood swings and felt like myself all month long. I got off it for a while and then my doctor put me on Necon 1/35. I am back to feeling like I have constant PMS. I am always irritable and on edge. I am definitely going to switch back to Kariva.

Related Reading: Ortho-Novum | Necon

Published: October 29

I've been on Kariva for almost 3 months now and have not felt "right" at all. I was so happy to read reviews and see that I'm not alone! Yes, Kariva is effective and easy to use. But the side effects are NOT worth it. I've never been one to have headaches and since the first week on Kariva I started getting horrible headaches, dizziness, and nausea. I've had insomnia, weight gain (especially in my breasts), severe mood swings, and increased appetite. I am tired all of time and feel "out of it" daily. I haven't had acne since my teen years and Kariva made me immediately break out...not just during PMS, my skin has been awful since starting Kariva. One of the worst side effects--I have no sex drive (not so great for a Newlywed!). I have decided to simply get off this pill for my own health. The side effects are terrible and are not worth it. Please do not go on Kariva just because its a contraceptive--look into other methods. Your health and well being comes first!

Related Reading: dizziness | insomnia

Comment from: emmacurious, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 17

I have taken Kariva for approximately 3 years and have had little trouble with it until now. I am 25 and have experienced Melasma on my face - brown spots on my cheeks and upper lip. It's very noticeable and embarrassing. I've also experienced headaches, nausea, and breast tenderness.

Related Reading: Melasma | breast

Comment from: 1234, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 24

I love Kariva, I've only experienced nausea and slight headaches the first month I used it, but thats normal. After the first month, I've never experienced bloating, mood swings, weight gain, or change in appetite. This definitely made my period lighter and my cramps are so much better.I've been on this for almost a year and have no complaints!

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 10

i have been on this medication for 4 years now, i actually love it, but i have gained a lot of weight with it. My period last 3 to 4 days at the most and its soo light. Hardly any cramping.