Monodox User Reviews

Monodox - User Reviews

Monodox User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Monodox sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 14

I had to switch from my first prescription of Doryx becasue the pill was way too big! It also was very expensive and a coupon the doctor gave me did not work. I got Monodox and only had to pay $10! I only have to pay $10 for the next 12 months too! My pills are now tiny and I have no side effects! My skin has gotten better by the days. I am so glad that I can take a face medication and not go BROKE!!! Monodox is the way!!!!

Related Reading: Doryx | Monodox

Comment from: sparks, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 09

it caused some dissness but it does not hurt my stomach

Comment from: Tired, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 12

Definate nausea if taken in the morning without food. Helped with cystic and hormonal acne, but still have some less prominate issues.

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: Miller, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 22

I totally love Monodox! My dermatologist put me on it a month before my wedding just to help with any breakouts that could have occurred. It really cleared up my skin and I was picture perfect on my wedding day!

Comment from: Pupi, 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 20

very helpful. decreseased redness in my face.

Comment from: 13-18 (Patient) Published: January 12

My doctor suggested this medication for me for my acne, and it really works! My face became very smooth and clear. I'd recommend it to all.

Comment from: curlytoo, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 27

To the mom who had a bad experience with your very sick 16 year old. My daughter was also very sick at 14. Two months of hospitals and dozens of doctors could not diagnose her. She had come home from summer camp with what appeard to be strep throat. Over the next two months she lost too much weight, her symptoms put her in the hospital unable to eat, drink, walk or even sit up. She was on a cocktail of many antibiotics. Her face became paralized. I would come home from the hospital each night and stay up all night looking for an answer. I came in contact with a woman in England that had a similiar experience, she told me to have the doctors look for "microplasma enphefilites" not sure on the spelling. And she told me about Doxycycline. She did test positive for it and she started this antibiotic. (we had tried many others first) within 3 days she was standing up and walking. She was able to return to school within two weeks. So yes you should do your homework on a drug before you take it, but what you can not know a head of time is whether your body will react positive or negative to a drug until you try it. That is why we have so many antibiotics to begin with. In the case of my daughter, Doxcycline saved her life.

Related Reading: strep throat

Comment from: GreenRose30, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 22

Has anyone tried Monodox 100mg for Acne-Hormonal- I am 15 days in and I am breaking out BAD- its worse than ever and I am freaking out. My doc says to stick it out 15 days is too early and I need to give it 4-6 weeks...I am also on Ziana gel but I am feeling helpless... Any suggestions on what to expect???????? I take it every night.. I am red and have inflamed cysts. They injected them with cortisone to reduce swelling.....

Related Reading: Ziana gel | cysts

Comment from: Kate's Mom, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 06

Doxycycline HYC has been prescribed to my 16 year old daughter twice for Lyme disease. She had BAD reactions both times when taking 100mg ibid for 21 days. She experienced dizziness, severe headache, dyslexia, muscle tremors and shakiness throughout her body. This drug is the treatment of choice for Lyme disease, but it should NEVER be given to minors under the age of 18 or to anyone unable to effectively communicate what symptoms might be occurring. Also, it caused the spirochetes to morph into cysts and "hide out" until the doxy was out of the bloodstream, so it is only a "bandaid" on the infection, at best. As with all antibiotics, it caused candida overgrowth and with probiotics AFTER the 21 days of treatment, you MIGHT clear the candida from your system....not working for her, and it has been 60 days since taking the probiotics. I am really upset that two different doctors prescribed this poison for my child, and I will never give her ANY drug again without first researching ALL the possible side effects.

Related Reading: Lyme disease | dizziness | headache

Sex & Relationships

Get tips to boost your love life.