Monurol User Reviews

Monurol - User Reviews

Monurol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Monurol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 24

Only side effects were one time of diarrhea and a headache that was taken care of with tylenol. Such a wonderful drug to treat a Uti without all of the horrible side effects. Symptoms felt better everyday and I am 14 weeks pregnant so very safe to use. I would def ask for it again if ever needed.

Related Reading: diarrhea | headache | tylenol

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 22

Cipro does not always work best with me, and I am surprised that 2 different doctors both at the same Patient First had not heard of it. Why I ask? It works so well. Also suprised that both Monurol and Macrobid did not show up on your site unless searched by name and not by condition. Need to get with the program everyone!

Related Reading: Cipro | Monurol | Macrobid

Comment from: Anna, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 01

I'm allergic to certain antibiotics including Cipro and amoxicillin. These are some of the common drugs used to treat UTI. When my doctor ordered this drug, I was skeptical but it was very easy to use. Just one dose and I had no reaction to it at all. I would recommend it and use it again if necessary.

Related Reading: amoxicillin

Comment from: hopethishelps, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 05

My mother is 97 years old and in excellent health (mentally as well as physically), but she has been plagued by urinary tract infections. Her regular doctor kept giving her Cipro which would only work for awhile. This summer she came to visit me, got a urinary tract infection, took her to a local doctor, and it was a nurse practitioner who suggested Monurol. I couldn't believe that all my mother had to do was drink the medication once (instead of weeks of pills). I even called the pharmacy to make sure I wasn't misreading the directions! And it absolutely worked! It felt like a miracle to my mother - and me! I don't know why EVERY DOCTOR isn't prescribing Monurol. Is it that the pharmaceutical company (I noticed that it's made in Switzerland) isn't giving physicians enough "perks"?????

Related Reading: urinary tract infection

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 15

I was in France and got a UTI. When I get these they are fast and severe. I had always been given meds. like Cypro which make me sick to my stomach for hours. I didn't believe this 1 sachet would work. I took one dose and was completely free of symptoms within 2 hours. I spent another 2 weeks traveling without any re-occurrence. I will be asking my doctors why they are not prescribing this. This medication was so effective for me that I took a present to the pharmacist who recommended it. Talk to your doctor and give it a try.

Comment from: justweems, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 24

Although I haven't had a UTI in decades I had sudden symptoms while backpacking in Italy: frequency, minimal output, painful spasms, incontinence, and burning. With limited medical options available I stopped by a pharmacy. They found someone who spoke English and she sold me Monuril Adulti 3 g. She told me to drink one packet that afternoon and one the next morning. I was skeptical since I was familiar with the 7 day antibiotic regiment but my options were limited and I was suffering. Within 24 hours my symptoms were gone. It's been 2 weeks and no indication of recurrence. I'm just now looking this medication up online and see that you should only take one dose but I don't remember experiencing any of the listed side effects. I'm wondering why this isn't used in the USA... so simple, inexpensive, and seemingly effective within very short period. WebMD says not to take more than 1 dose which is a concern but I'm so thankful to the Italian pharmacist who provided a means to get rid of the painful spasms and incontinence I was experiencing.

Comment from: 25-34 (Patient) Published: October 25

I first tried this in Italy, where it is spelled Monuril 3g. It took a little over a day, but it worked! Wasn't told it was an antibiotic. . .

Comment from: Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 21

excellent

Comment from: ues, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 26

After taking this drug, I ended in hospial with severe abdominal pain and dizziness until put on oxygen. Very expensive lesson with very little results. Cipro and Macrobid have always worked for me with no side effects

Related Reading: abdominal pain | dizziness

Comment from: goparkit, 55-64 Female Published: June 24

Where I live the humidity is high and the need for good socks to keep insects of your legs and ankles is constant, winter or summer.