MoviPrep User Reviews

MoviPrep - User Reviews

MoviPrep User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication MoviPrep sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 13

MD prescribed prior endoscopy and colonoscopy. Don't be a fool, this expensive medication works the same way as the "green bottle" laxative you buy over the counter for $3.00 I pay for the expensive staff thinking it will be nicer and better, but same thing: taste is awful and at the end you go to the bathroom till everything is out. Request your doctor to give you a cheaper option than moviprep.

Related Reading: moviprep

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 26

I took Movieprep for my colonoscopy prep. I'm a 51 yr old female RN. I was actually terrified to take it after reading all the horror stories about it, that is why I'm reviewing it so others that read this will realize its not that bad. It's not easy, but its doable. It's one evening, you can do it! Drinking is the worst part of the whole prep, as you've had liquids all day, and all you really want is another 64 oz of more liquids! Mix as directed with water, make sure it's cold, really cold, use a straw, add 1/2 pack of lemonade Crystal Light( the single serve packets) to each 8 oz. (whole pack makes flavor worse), after each sip rinse your mouth with bottled spring water and spit out, gross but works! The water seems to neutralize the salty taste. Fruit flavored lollipops help too. Don't take mints, mints with salty lemonade doesn't mix, yuk! Walk around after drinking the Movieprep and take deep breaths, this helps with the full stomach/bloated feeling. I drank the 1st 32oz at 3 pm started going to the bathroom around 6 pm, no cramping whatsoever. I was able to watch TV, read magazines, take care of newborn kittens, etc. I was just close to the bathroom! Use Butt Balm so you don't get burning or irritation. It works! Took 2nd 32oz of Movieprep at 7pm, this one took me longer to drink as I was so full from liquids all day. Finished it finally by 8:30 pm. Again, in and out of the bathroom. This second 32 oz is what really cleans you out, it started to turn yellow, actually a strange bright yellow, then it does run clear. I was done going to the bathroom by 11:30 pm and slept through the night. Did have to go about 2 more times in the morning, but I was fine for my 9 am appointment. Is it easy? No, but it works. Stop reading all the negative reviews, they just make you worry, which causes undue stress! I wish you all well, you can do it!

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: blank, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 26

Vomited. Rash-allergy. Believe this drug is pure poison! It's like taking radiator fluid made for a car into a human!! Will never use again.

Related Reading: Rash | allergy

Comment from: Bethann, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 24

Horrible experience! Wished I read these reviews before buying this disgusting drink. Went through half of the first bottle before vomiting. Drank a lot of water instead to help flush my stool out. Couldn't drink the second bottle at all. With my wieght being 116 lbs, one bottle was sufficient. In the morning, I was so nauseous that I kept vomiting every 15 minutes to the hospital before my colonostopy. While in the prep room, the nurse gave me a nauseous medicine through the IV. Then my vomiting stopped. The nurse said that I had an allergic reaction to this MoviPrep in which others have had the same reaction that she experienced. Now it makes since why this company is offering a $20 rebate because their sales are down from all the bad reactions that people are having. I would not recommend this product to anyone ! And believe what you read from others on this web page.

Comment from: lakelady, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 23

This medication not only taste worse then any I have had before but it made me drastically sick. I am still sick after 3 days. I am nauseous, have pain in my stomach, feel dizzy and just bad all over. I would never, ever take this junk again.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 31

So I just had to come on here and write a review about Moviprep. I was really scared to start this prep because of the horrible reviews I read. I started my day off by drinking lots of liquids, broth, basically anything clear to keep myself hydrated. At 4pm I started the Moviprep...I was SO nervous. When I started to drink it I thought to myself, this isn't bad at all! Sure, it wasn't the best drink in the world but it wasn't the worst either. What helped me was that I paced myself. I didn't chug the full 8 ounces every time. I drank it through a straw and chilled it (that helped a lot). Also, I mixed some of it with Crystal Light (that helped only sometimes, at times it was just better to drink it straight since it was so sweet as it was). It did its job and my colonoscopy went very well. I wouldn't freak out about this process...just pace yourself and don't worry, it will all be over within 24 hours. Just remember, keep yourself hydrated and pace yourself!

Comment from: 45-54 (Patient) Published: June 04

OK, I don't know if I'm a freak or what, but I had absolutely NO trouble with Movi Prep. Yes, of course it does not taste like champagne, but I had absolutely no trouble getting it down. I had a glass of diet ginger ale nearby in case I needed a chaser, but really didn't need it. I took the split dose and was completely cleaned out for my colonoscopy the next day. Please don't let the majority of these posts discourage you. This stuff was way better than other products I've used for previous procedures and I would absolutely use it again.

GI Disorders