MoviPrep User Reviews

MoviPrep - User Reviews

MoviPrep User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication MoviPrep sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: WilliamB, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 14

Before starting my MoviPrep process yesterday for this morning's colonoscopy, I came across this website when checking for reviews of MoviPrep. All the terrible experiences described were very disheartening to read, & I was very apprehensive about starting my process later in the day. I hope people reading these reviews get as far as this one so they realize that experiences can vary, & not all are bad. Mine was an easy experience, & I had no nausea, stomach pain, vomiting, or other problem. I'm sure some of it may have to do with some people being more sensitive to some things than others. If you look at the paper which comes in the box, it shows a percent of people have various problems with the MoviPrep. Thus, it could be that the people writing about bad experiences were people who would normally fall in the group w/problems. My colonoscopy was scheduled for 9 AM today. The instructions from my doc varied from those from MoviPrep, in that on the prep/pre-colonoscopy day my doc said to eat no food. Thus, yesterday I could only drink clear liquids like Jell-O, apple juice, broth, coffee, tea, & Ensure or Boost. No red or purple colored liquids, nor milk. Between 8 AM & 5 PM I drank 4 Ensures, + 12 oz water & 16 oz apple juice. it could be that the lack of food may have made a difference in having no problems. I started the MoviPrep at 6 PM, drank apple juice for the 16 oz of liquid required after each MoviPrep series & was done w/everything & in bed before 11 PM.

Comment from: Mary, Published: December 02

$50.00 co-pay...never will I use it again...Last year I used the "green bottle" > Magnesium citrate and my results came out good...What a joke this MoviPrep is...just giving you a plastic bottle for(50.00) to show how much liquid to use..

Comment from: Betty, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 01

I was not prepared for how disgusting it is. I could hardly complete the second litre. Got clever suggestion to drink it as shots!.....and suck ice cubes to numb mouth.

Comment from: Satisfied, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 22

I'm writing this for my husband because I know he wont' do it. Being the "worry wart" that I am, I read ALL of the reviews on this the day before my husband had to start his "prep" for a colonoscopy the following day. I must say, I was afraid for him considering most of the comments I read. I took the advice of some people and bought him Crystal Light, Lifesavers, straws and "wet" wipes (I already had vaseline). I mixed it up for him the night before and refridgerated it to make sure it was nice and chilled. I smelled it and it didn't smell that bad to me. Kind of like salty lemonade. He started his "prep" at about noon time and finished off a full liter by about 1:00pm. He said it started to work in about 1/2 an hour. I asked him if if made him feel sick or bloated and he told me he only felt a very slight stomach ache that went away after each "movement". He said the worst part of the whole thing was having to keep getting up to go to the bathroom! He drank "most" of the second liter at about 7:00pm. He didn't feel the need to finish it completely since he was passing "clear" liquid. He had a very good "full" nights sleep and had his procedure at 9:30am......his comment of that part of it was "That was easy and painless". As far as he was concerned the whole thing was well worth it (his results were clear and normal) :) and he would do it again without any worry at all. Now it's my turn!!!!!!!! I thought it was important to document this so that anyone out there doing what I was doing (reading and getting really scared for my husband) would feel at least a "little" better knowing there were some satisfied consumers out there regarding Moviprep.

Comment from: Glad_it's_over, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 19

Paid $53.00 on 1/17/09 for the MoviPrep kit 2 days before my procedure. Rcv'd a $20 rebate slip when I went to the Doc in December when the test was scheduled for 1/19. Should have read the fine print on the rebate... it expired 12/31/09. Thought I'd google to see if I can fine another Rebate coupon. I was thrilled to only have to drink 32 ounces. My spouse used a diff med and had to drink a gallon when he had his exam a few yrs ago. Friends gave me some tips for "easing the misery". I only ate small meals on Sat. Apple sauce and 2 bread slices on Sunday. Monday liquid diet. Started drinking the med at 6 p.m. Monday. Only drank 2 of the 4 doses in the a.m. before procedure because I had already "cleaned out" the night before based on the modified diet prior to taking the meds. The only problem I had was a terrible headache from not eating enough and not getting my caffeine on Monday. Tastes and smells like salty 7-up. Sucking on ice cubes might have helped. Did that once, but after the first time it was just to much hassle. As soon as 8 oz was down, I drank a little Sprite to rinse out the salty flavor in my mouth. I'd use the stuff again.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: ahnie, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 09

After two of the 8 oz glasses, I had a severe allergic reaction: severe chest pains, swelling of face, rash, dry mouth, blood pressure went up, extreme pain in upper stomach - went to emergency room. never again will I take this--this was to be 4th colonoscopy--never had this problem before. I have been sick for 6 days. This stuff is poison.

Related Reading: dry mouth