MoviPrep User Reviews

MoviPrep - User Reviews

MoviPrep User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication MoviPrep sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 20

My doctor prescribed this; it cost over $52.00 and was horrible. It came with a rebate form for $20 which I mailed in to Salix Pharmaceutical. They sent me a check for that amount which I mailed to my bank; just got a charge for 7.50 from the bank as Salix stopped payment on the rebate check!!! what a scam...and I can't even Google the company...

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 21

I have to agree with the other review, it tastes awful and really is no more effective. A person I work with said her doctor just had her do clear liquids and Miralax next time I will try that but I hope there isn't a next time!

Related Reading: Miralax

Comment from: Heartabrasions, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 30

After surviving cancer, pulmonary embolisms and a severe colon infection last year, it is now time for my colonoscopy. I was given this MoviPrep to take. 1 liter last night and 1 liter this morning. NOTHING I have been through has been as horrible as this TOXIN! I have a cast iron stomach but after drinking the 1 liter (which tastes like lemon saltwater and windex).. I started vomiting profoundly, chills, shakes, confusion and an overall HORRIBLE sick feeling. I will NEVER EVER take this wretched, vial mixture again! I can't believe they can't make this taste better!! The inventor should have to drink a few gallons of this evil stuff!!!! COMPLETELY DISATISFIED!!!!

Related Reading: surviving cancer

Comment from: Jay H, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 10

No problems for me. Had to take the split dose regimen - one in the evening, and one in the morning for a 12:30 colonoscopy. I drank lots of Gatorade and Apple Juice all day before I started prepping. I refrigerated the Moviprep the night before and drank 4 8oz glasses 15 minutes apart. The liquid didn't taste bad - it was cold and I chugged it. I passed lots of watery stool, but no pain because I greased up with Vaseline before starting and used baby wipes instead of toilet paper. I slept through the night and rep eared at 7 the next morning. All in all, no problem. I was still passing water when I arrived, but whatever was left they picked up with suction during the colonoscopy. Got home and was back to normal before suppertime. This was my third colonoscopy and tuis prep was the easiest by far. Last time I had to drink a full gallon of a high volume liquid and take dulcolax in the morning. That cramped be up badly. The time before that I used phospho soda and dulcolax - also very unpleasant. I would go with MoviPrep every time!

Comment from: sick&tired, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 05

This was the worst tasting experience I have ever had. Couldn't even finish first container. No bowel movement occurred. I was bloated and gassy after taking it and the next day. Fasted for nothing and had to postpone my colonoscopy. Very disappointed!!!

Comment from: Jeano, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 31

Terrible taste; had to drink liquids with it to get it down which of course made me very full. Prep was adequate but not thorough. Paid $57.00 for it at Walgreens, sent in the rebate for $20 by the deadline of January 15th and got it back via return mail. Will be calling the 800 number to see what's up.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 22

I experience the gagging that other reviewers have mentioned, plus vomitting, nausea, strong headache and reddened lips. I followed the instructions and got almost all of it down me but...never had a bowel movement! Not once. Went to the procedure the next morning and informed them. The doctor said I should go get two enemas and he was giving me MORE moviprep and I should come back later same day. Thankfully, my required driver was busy!! I have to reschedule the procedure. Didn't have a bowel movement until much later that night and it was almost normal. Nausea and some cramping have lingered.

Comment from: 55-64 (Patient) Published: December 07

Awful taste, cost $30.00 at Costco, but it was prescribed for this colonoscopy. It is working but is awful!!!

Comment from: Anonymous, 25-34 (Patient) Published: April 07

If you have to take this product, be prepared. I chilled both the prep and the glass before drinking, added a half a serving of Crystal Light Lemonade then ice. Used a straw and after every few sips took a swig of Ginger Ale. It took two hours to get the first litre down, but my doctor emphasized that it is more important to get it down than to stick to the schedule. I was very lucky, because this product worked so well for me that I only had to drink the first litre. I was extracting clear, urine-like poop halfway through, and I can also say that my Colonoscopy went great! Also, there was no running to the restroom or going in my pants. Very easy experience. The worst part for me was a headache and hunger pains. My best advice is to prepare your body before the liquid diet so that you don't have a lot to evacuate and then you can drink less of the liquid. Two days before I ate a white diet (scrambled eggs, white bread, white noodles) and the next day I did not stray from the liquid diet. If you are eating huge meals or food that is hard for your body to break down such as red meat or high fiber, you will need to consume more of the liquid and you risk having explosive diarrhea.

Related Reading: diarrhea