MoviPrep User Reviews

MoviPrep - User Reviews

MoviPrep User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication MoviPrep sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 03

I am not usually one to complain nor do I encourage my personal experiences to compromise those of others. However, my wife and I recently were prescribed MoviPrep for colonoscopies that were to take place about 3 weeks apart. During my wife's prep, she was ok with the first round, although the quantity and the taste seemed to continue to get worse. By early morning after she started the second round, she began to vomit so profusely that I considered a possible trip to the hospital. The next morning at the colonoscopy, she needed an enema since the prep did not evacuate all fecal material. For my experience, my first round was a bit uneventful except for that foul taste, quantity and torture of having to endure this 4 times at 1/4 liter each. In any event, within a two or so hours, the prep did what is was designed to do. Now, I had to get up at 2:30 for round two. After the first 1/4 portion, I started to get severe stomach cramps, so severe that I began to sweat and double over in pain. I, like my wife was about 15 minutes from an emergency room visit. Once the cramps subsided, I was ok and thus continued with the remaining 3 portions. I had to remain awake for almost three hours for fear of ruining the furniture. In the end, and no pun intended here, my colonoscopy went ok. I did have some ill effects after, but I am not sure such can be linked to the Moviprep. In the colonoscopy center, where I overhead others talking to the nurses, one women complained of severe nausea as well. I called my local doctor to ask about my post colonoscopy symptoms and she did not speak highly of the MoviPrep citing cases where it may have contributed to renal failure. Seems that 2 liters of this potion distributed to someone 115 pounds or 315 pounds might require some adjustment but I do not see any limitations of the two liters due to weight. We are pleased with our doctor, but both my wife and I have vowed to never use this MoviPrep again regardless of the doctor's o

Comment from: speaky, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 10

Don't know if I can make it through the second batch. Feeling queasy and bloated. Miserable.

Comment from: Takin' it easy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 28

I had no problems with the MoviPrep. Just make sure you get the prep really cold and drink it from a cold glass. It really does not taste that bad (my opinion). Kinda like a lemon drink but a little salty. I chugged the 8 ounce portions and was visiting the bathroom half way through my first liter. I didn't have any cramps and thought it was much better than drinking a whole gallon of prep. My procedure went fine the next day, the prep did it's work and everything went well.

GI Disorders