Moxatag User Reviews

Moxatag - User Reviews

Moxatag User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Moxatag sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: szq, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 03

I'm taking Moxatag long term for Lyme disease. The first time I took it, I got worse for a week, and then improved dramatically. However, I developed a new symptom, eye problems, which the doctors are unable to diagnose (a possible exacerbation of the lyme to the nerves in the brain has been suggested but not confirmed). Went off for 2 months. Lyme symptoms returned. I will probably have to try IV antibiotics but in the meantime I'm back on Moxatag so I can have a surgery I need...unfortunately the eye problems seemed to have worsened, one week in, although the other Lyme symptoms, as before, have regressed. It's a frustrating disease. Moxatag is much more convenient and safe than oral abx I've been on (no interactions with food or sunlight, and no dietary upset). I came here looking to see if the eye problems are possibly related to the Moxatag rather than the Lyme.

Related Reading: Lyme disease

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 14

I THINK IT IS HELPING ME WITH THE PROBLEM I HAVE

Comment from: xraindrops2005x, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 11

I have had Strep throat for 4 days now and have been taking Moxatag for 4 days. Doctor told me I would feel relief in a day or 2 and I feel no change. Only thing that seems to help is the Tylenol I take for the pain and fever.

Related Reading: Strep throat | Tylenol | fever

Comment from: B-diddy, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 01

Right now I would say that the pill is doing its job. I am 4 days into a 10 day pill treatment and have unforunately had some stomach issues with diahrea and feelings that I needed to vomit. Hopefully these side effects will lessen because the pill is great otherwise. I hope to be rid of a horrible sinus infection soon!

Comment from: flowermom, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 12

It has been 30 hours and I've taken two pills, still no relief for this terrible sore throat. Need to take 8 advil a day just to be able to function! Still waiting for some results...

Comment from: wanco, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 09

it takes for ever to work did not care for it to well...

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 04

i was given moxatag for acute broncitise.. it did nothing for me at all. i suggest if prescribed for brocitise ask for something different. after completion of meds. the very next day i was in the hospital for it not clearing up my lungs like i was told it would.

Comment from: mommabear, 13-18 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 19

my son has horribly painful strep. we were told this would work w/in 24 hrs. it's been 36 and no change. hoping and waiting...

Comment from: lbw, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 27

I can't remember taking a drug this effective. My awful throat pain disappear after the second dose. However, I had stomach pain almost immediately. But I was happy to get rid of the throat infection and overall nasty feeling.