MS-Contin User Reviews

MS-Contin - User Reviews

MS-Contin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication MS-Contin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Mish, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 16

I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia at 30 yrs old. And it destroyed every aspect of life: my career as a 1st grade teacher, the quality of life in marriage, motherhood, family, and friendships. Pain robbed my emotional strength; life consisted of surviving the day and praying for sleep to escape the pain. Doctor after doctor attempted to dismiss my symptoms, my pain and my anguish; hope faded and compassion was far and few between from those in the medical field. And then I found "The Center for Pain" in Montgomery, Alabama; the doctors believed that my pain was real, respected my needs and extended compassion while creating a treatment plan. I've remained on the same treatment plan/dosage for over five years; my pain is controlled, and with minimal side effects. I actually have more energy with this med; there seems to be a direct correlation between energy and the level of pain. I've never experienced that "loopy, woozy" feeling that's found in short-acting pain medication; allowing me to function in any situation. This medication literally gave me my life back; I highly recommend MS Contin to anyone dealing with chronic pain, regardless of the initial cause.

Comment from: efishel, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 03

I am 41 and I suffer from degenerative disk disease. First of all I had to find a Doctor who actually believed that I had pain and wasn't just looking for pain meds. I do understand how Doctors these days need to be careful especially with a medication this strong plus I am a recovering alcoholic/drug addict. I did question myself if I did have real pain or was I just pretending but when I found my WONDERFUL doctor who actually listened and ran some test like an MRI low and behold right where I pointed to on my lower back and right where my pain was it showed up on the MRI at L5 S1 that the disk was actually kinda jagged and so my sciatic nerve gets caught on it. Now I didn't start out on MS Contin I had to go through all the other meds first. I started out with Vicodin 5's, then went up to 7.5's then we switched to Percocet 5's when they stopped working we went up to the 7.5's and when they stopped working we started out on the MS Contin and I 've been on the same dosage and amount for the last 8 years. I take 100mgs 3x a time and for breakthrough pain I have morphine immediate release 30 mgs 1 3x a day or as needed. I haven't had to change anything since. The side effects that I had in the beginning were some tiredness but that is totally gone now it actually gives me energy which really I hate. But I'd rather suffer from to much energy then be in pain. I do suffer from constipation so I use activa and it works AWESOME I just eat 1 a day and it keeps me regular which is great. SO I hope that this information has helped someone.

Related Reading: Vicodin | Percocet | constipation

Comment from: Tim, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 31

I have chronic leg pain, and fibromyalgia. Currently taking 500 mg of M S Contin a day. Started with a much lower dose, but I have built up a tolerance over the years. Also I take immediate release morphine for breakthrough pain, because the MS only holds for me about 8 hours. This has worked well for about 7 years. The biggest drawback to this type of treatment is that all the health care providers that I come into contact with immediately assume that you are some kind of drug seeking, abusing addict. The prejudice is just unbelievable. The drug works, and has made my life bearable. I don't concern myself with the prejudice. Best of luck if you are in pain. This medication can help you.

Comment from: Ms. Wetmore, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 09

I have tried sooo many different types of pain killer's and finally my Dr. tried ms contin 60 mg @ 4 times a day. I feel absolutely no pain 24/7. I just thought I would never be pain free again.

Comment from: Kyllein, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 05

When I began having problems with pain management with Oxycontin, my doctor moved me to MScontin (100mg,every 8 hours). The MScontin works well for general management, along with Celebrex (200mg once a day). My level of comfort is more stable now, and there is less of a "counting the minutes till the next dose" situation than previously experienced with the Oxycontin. Be aware that you will probably need a mild stimulant laxative from time to time, and drink plenty of water. Remember, this is a strong opiate and has all the dangers of addiction as well as mental impairment that you read about in the patient's information card you got with your prescription. Be well aware that you probably won't notice any of it if it happens! All in all, the control of the pain from a damaged and arthritic spine and spinal cord are worth the risks and dangers. It allows me to live a relatively normal life; and that is priceless.

Related Reading: pain management | Oxycontin | Celebrex