MS-Contin User Reviews

MS-Contin - User Reviews

MS-Contin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication MS-Contin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: jbrownleettu, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 01

I suffer from DDD from my lower 3 discs. I have severe lower back pain and nerve pain down my right leg. I have been through multiple pain meds (Norco, Lortab, Methadone, and Vicodin) for the past 8 years. My doctor recently put me on 30mg's 4 times per day of MS Contin. This medication has substantially reduced my back and leg pain. I suffer from constipation and dry mouth. I would highly recommend this medication as opposed to taking 10-12 Norco pills daily.

Related Reading: lower back pain | Norco | dry mouth

Comment from: jewelSpirit, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 24

i was in a carwreck in 1983, leg broke in 23 places, pelvis too, + ruptured aorta which was fixed by going through my back. left arm always 'pins and needles', whole left side aches, headaches going up from shoulder blades to top of head. as of now i have 3 disintegrated discs in my cervical spine, but no 'hospital' insurance. 5 yrs ago started on 30mg 2xday, then 60 2xday, then 90, now take 60upon awakening, 60 more 8 hours later and 120mg b4 bed so i can sleep through night. usually keeps my pain tolerable, but i am way lazier than i ever was and would sleep all day sometimes if i could. no other real side effects, but i worry about what would happen if i couldn't get to my refill appointment. i have to physically go pick up scrip on the day i run out and then have to take it to pharm and wait....if i can't make it that day, or if i accidentally took an extra during the month and run out early i would get sick as a dog and wouldn't wish that feeling on anyone. i live in fear of losing my local county 'medicaid' and dying from the withdrawal. i'd like to get off opiates but have no idea what else to do...i don't even think straight enough to keep a job anymore, even if i didn't have any physical requirements - use to be a construction accountant (20years). already used up all my retirement savings. now I can only use the computer for less than 30 minutes at a time. i can only hope for a future, i have no guarantee of one.

Comment from: gilycomo, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 09

After suffering with chronic pain due to CFS and Fibromyalgia for several years and seeing multiple doctors who each had a remedy and prescription of their own which usually did little if anything to relieve my pain. I finally found a doctor who understood the impact the pain had on my life and prescribed MS CONTIN 60mg BID. It has been 5 years now and although my pain is not completely gone, it is to a manageable level which allows me to function better than I ever could before going on this drug. I have never experienced any of the woozy feelings that accompany many of the other narcotic pain killers or ever feel "out of it" or drugged. This allows me to interact socially without feeling that I am not coming of as "not sharp" as I did with other drugs. It has truly given me back my life and self confidence. Occasional constipation is the only side effect that I suffer and Mirilax is the best solution for that problem. (tasteless, and does not change the consistency of whatever liquid you chose to mix it in and not gritty. Taken at the first sign of constipation and repeated 2x a day until you get results and then every 2-3 days for maintenance.) I occasionally have breakthrough pain which I keep Percocet 10mg on hand for, but rarely take it. The only other undesirable side effect is occasional rebound headaches which are rare but can be quite intense but usually only last a couple hours. MS CONTIN is the best thing that has happened to me since I became ill. I have no problem admitting it as it has truly improved my quality of life by leaps and bounds!

Related Reading: chronic pain

Comment from: Pain in the Neck!, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 31

Herniations/radiculates to arms, elbow, sometimes down left side of my entire body. rot. cuff arthritis. Neck Herns are c2,3,4, and low back is buldged. I am 35, on meds for over 5 yrs, recently started 30 mg MSCONTIN generic/watson (ENDO's formula SUCKS) After 3-5 yrs on vicodin slowly upped to 10mg x6 day, and then percocet, 10mgs4-6x's. Sometimes I will take a valium for spasms, I am well informed about how to take my meds and mixing with caution. MSContin is a god send for the 4-6 hrs of relief- again, I use generic watson formulation, my DOC insists that the BRAND Oramorph will last 8-12 hrs. To me, I'd rather save hundreds of $ on generic as BRAND is only a 2hr peak absorption rate difference for the same relief. I did try AVINZA- 60mg's for 2 months, it gave me "rolls" and "sweats". Too bad, I had hope. Pain does not mean life is over, give this morphine formula a try, now there are hundreds of othjer formulas, and please don't allow anyone to make you feel like a bad human for taking your medicine, I suffered from anxiety over "med guilt" due to uneducated pharmacies. Finding a PM MD and pharmacy that shows passion changed my world and I hope to give back the love a million times over now that I am under pain control and can get into the sack and go for it (kids, that is).

Related Reading: arthritis | valium | AVINZA

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 12

I have had chronic pain from numerous back surgeries. This medicine has taken almost all my pain away all day. It was hard the first few days, nauseau, dizzy, etc. But now, I can hardly tell I have taken anything, except no pain!

Chronic Pain/Back Pain