Multaq User Reviews

Multaq - User Reviews

Multaq User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Multaq sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Finn girl, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 23

I have now been on this med. 3+ mos. I have not had any AF what so ever. I think this drug is GREAT! Sometimes I will have some stomach issues, but that's minor. I also take Digoxin, and Toprol Xl. I'm exercising, treadmill, weights, etc. basicly living a normal life. No alcohol or caffeine. I keep updating this site as time passes for the good of others who are in the same boat.

Related Reading: Toprol Xl

Comment from: valerie7771, 65-74 (Patient) Published: November 13

This drug has put my heartbeat back into a normal beat. So far I feel this drug is wonderful...

Comment from: FinnGirl, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 10

I've been on this medication for 8 mos. I just would like to let people know, that this works GREAT. I had some side effects also in the beginning, but I kept taking the Multaq. Some of those side effects will go away. I consider this med the best currently available. I took Rythmol SR 400 for 3 1/2 yrs. but it quit working for me, same with Amidarone. I've had 2 ablations, neither worked totally. I still have shortness of breath from time to time, also some swelling of ankles, but I keep exercising as much as I can, like water robics, etc. I feel that exercise is very important. I feel normal most of the time. No AF episodes. My heart rate is running at 60. With Multaq I take 50mg of Toprol Xl, and 125 Digoxin. I've had AF for 10 yrs. I hope this helps some of you.

Related Reading: Multaq | Rythmol SR

Comment from: BENNYWAN, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 20

AFTER OVER 30 YRS OF A-FIB AND ALL SORTS OF IRREGULAR, AND DANGEROUS RHYTHMS AND TRYING, UNSUCCESSFULLY, TO CONTROL THEM, MULTAQ ELIMINATED AT LEAST 95% OF ALL OF THEM WITHIN3 TO 4 DAYS. IT'S BEEN 4 MONTHS AND I AM ECSTATIC.

Comment from: tpr, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 08

It was been effective in reducing irregular heart beats and afib

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 17

Converted after 5th dose. Heartbeat was noticeably slowed, but I was intially very pleased. Then, after exercise, I went back into AFIB, and remained there for weeks. In and out since, but significantly more AFIB days than not. Am discontinuing to return to tikosyn, which was significantly more effective for me, athough still not as good as amiodarone. I had used amiodarone for years quite successfully, and had hoped this drug would live up to its reputation as acting like amiodarone but without its side effects. With amiodarone at half the normal dosage, I was typically regular for several months, with maybe a two day AFIB hit following. Full strength Multaq just didn't do the job for me, I'm afraid.

Related Reading: tikosyn

Comment from: twillsey, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 12

I was diagnosed w/afib about 5 months ago and have been taking Multaq for approx 4 months. It is the only drug treatment I have tried. Unfortunately it does not appear to be effective as I have still had afib episodes every 10 days or so. I have had virtually no side effect from the Multaq other than feeling a little tired. Afib episodes appear to be triggerd by excersise, and even minor amounts of alcohol, literally even a few sips.

Comment from: betty, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 28

I am on this medication 5 months . I had one slight incident with a/f and did not need to go to the hospital. I am very satisfied with the results. before taking it I was in the hospital at least once a month

Comment from: tennisgirl, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 28

I am very tired all the time where i wasn't that way before taking this multaq, 400mg two times a day. i feel very short of breath doing minimal tasks, whereas I didn't before.

Comment from: Tweets08@hotmail.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 21

Been on this med for 6 months now. At first I had a little stomach pain and diarreha. I've had no a-fib for 6 months and my doc say this med has less side effects then any other drug in its class, and that it is the newest on the market. I've gain no weight and am very active. I am told that a-fib can cause blood clots so exerciseing is very important to help stop clotting and lower your chances of heart attach and stroke. I hope this was of some help.

Related Reading: blood clots | stroke