Multaq User Reviews

Multaq - User Reviews

Multaq User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Multaq sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Finn girl, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 25

I previously used Rythmol SR 325mg, also have used Amidorone which this drug is sister to. I have had 2 Ablations, one just about 2mos. ago. I feel edgy at times with this drug, like perhaps its working on my thyroid. I would like to talk to someone who has used this drug longer than 1 month. Anyone out there who has used this drug longer than 1 month?

Comment from: Rich, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 20

Have tried Sotolol, Flecainide and now Multaq. None have relieved the quickening of my heart rate. With Multaq my heart rate increases but to about 80 beats per minute, compared to up to 130, and lasts 24 hours and it occurs about twice a week on average.

Comment from: bbs99b, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 07

great drug even helped lower my blood pressure ........however had terrible muscle pain in shoulder down rt side ..had same pain from statin drugs except they were on left side .......had to stop talking it after about a week

Related Reading: muscle pain

Comment from: Bhartz, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 24

I take 400MG twice daily. It keeps my heart rate steady, and in rythem. I went to 1 400mg /day and heart rate was irratic.

Comment from: Mac, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 25

I have taken every antiarrythmic medication, including rythmol, sotalol, amiodarone and now multaq. Although they enitially helped with the problem, eventually they all quit working. The multaq, after 2 doses, stopped a lot of the arrthymias but my heart rate went up to 95 to 120 at will and my blood pressure was up to 190 over 100. I went to the hospital as ordered by my cardiologist. They sent me home without really giving any explaination, just continue with the multaq. I know that the meds summary says that bradycardia is a side effect, but nothing is mentioned about having fast heart rate or high blood pressure as a side effect. I have quit the meds for two days now, and the high blood pressure and fast beating is still a problem and the arrthmias are returning.

Related Reading: rythmol | high blood pressure

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 25

It is too expensive for me. I cannot justify the cost

Comment from: finngirl, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 07

I have been on Multaq (400 mg) over 2+ years now. This is after 2 ablations, amiodarone, Propafenol etc. Seems to work well with out too many side effects. I do get blood work done every 6 mos. everything is in the normal range. Great medicine! I hope this helps other users.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 16

Was on this for two months with no problems. Then started to have GI issues, dizzy spells and finally my gut hurt so bad went to hospital. My liver was attacked by this stuff, enzymes were up over a 1000, should be below 60. Stopped taking it, three days later all problems disappreared. The Afib Dr. that put me on this also specified a liver blood test every two months, they have now changed that protocol to monthly. The sad part about this is that it worked in stopping the afib....

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: george, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 07

I am not sure if it is bothering my breathing. I get winded with very little exerting myself

Heart Health