Myfortic User Reviews

Myfortic - User Reviews

Myfortic User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Myfortic sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: ds, 13-18 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 18

this drug has been very helpfull to me in the past years. prior to taking this drug. I took Cellcept and had severe side affects. After two years, this drug has never givin me any side affects

Related Reading: Cellcept

Comment from: Okie, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 30

Kidney Transplant in June 2007. Higher dosages tended to make me very nauseous and taking with food did not help much. Lower dosages (360mg) I could handle much easier. Also found the lower prescription dosage of 180mg easier to take..smaller pill to swallow AND the lower dosage allows the Dr to adjust meds (up or down) with ease.

Comment from: Bunny, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 23

I received liver transplant in 1992. Was on Cyclosporine for several years, then switched to Prograf. Now kidneys very unhappy, so Prograf reduced and Myfortic added about 2 months ago. So far, so good, and kidneys are happy now. Cellcept (mycophenolate mofetil) sent me to ER with torn esophagus from vomiting. This Myfortic (mycophenolate, but without the 'mofetil') is so much better!

Related Reading: liver | Prograf | Myfortic

Comment from: Johnny, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 28

I replaced Cellcept with Myfortic 3 years ago to see if it was better on my stomach. It is better for my system as it produces less cramping and diahrea. It is not perfect, however, it's better than the alternative.

Comment from: dh, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 10

I have been taking Myfortic for seven years. I have a few side effects, manageable of course. I experience hand tremors and dizziness. The dizziness is rare. However, the tremors are constant, not extreme.

Related Reading: tremors | dizziness

Comment from: ednedda1@sbcglobal.net, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 30

Had a Kidney Transplant 2 Years ago and so far no problems. I am also on 7.5 mg Prednisone

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 07

i have been taking myfortic for 1 and 1/2 years. I switched from the dreaded mychophenolate(sp) because of stomach problems. I agree that my symptoms have gotten better, but I still cant eat very much all day or it instantly turns to rot in my belly. Especially sugars and salty, spicy stuff. I thought it was just me so thanks for the input!!!

Comment from: mondif, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 29

After taking Myfortic for 5 months the following conditions began to appear, constipation, nausea, headache, dizziness, blurred vision and diarrhea. Usually the conditions began an hour after the morning dose. As far as the above star reviews, how would I know the products effectiveness in such a short time. As far as I know if it makes me sick I should stop it.

Related Reading: constipation | headache | diarrhea

Comment from: mellissa, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 01

i have had no problems so far on this medicine

Comment from: Lucky, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 18

Kidney Transplant two years ago,I am down to taking prograf, and myfortic. We are trying to get down to just the Myfortic since it does not seem to have such negative affects on the transplnated kidney. It seems to work fairly well but I do have serious stomach cramps and diarreha most days of the week. It usually comes right after eating but once you use the toilet life is pretty well back to normal. If you watch your diet close, dont overeat, or eat to much spicy food its side affects for me are not nearly as severe.