Naprosyn, Anaprox, Anaprox DS User Reviews

Naprosyn, Anaprox, Anaprox DS - User Reviews

Naprosyn, Anaprox, Anaprox DS User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Naprosyn, Anaprox, Anaprox DS sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Cathhsmom, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 03

This drug worked well on taking care of my pulled bicep pain, but after 7 days of taking it, I developed a tight chest and some anxiety.

Comment from: awelch, 3-6 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 24

Our 4-year-old daughter took 1 tsp of Naprosyn twice a day to help prevent fevers (she has PFAPA), as prescribed by her Rheumatologist. She took it for two months and it worked as fever prevention. However, she began throwing up vomit that looked like it had coffee grounds in it and the next day she had feces full of blood. She was sent by medical helicopter to a children's hospital and underwent a blood transfusion. She was severely dehydrated and very low on blood. It was determined that she had a severe intestinal bleed caused by taking Naprosyn daily for 2 months. She also suffered through very unpleasant tests, such as a tube through her nose and down to her stomach to determine where the bleeding was coming from. Luckily, her bleeding stopped as suddenly as it began and we came home yesterday after 4 days in the hospital. She made a full recovery. Please be cautious with Naprosyn or any other products containing Naproxen. They seem harmless, but are not meant to be taken long-term on a daily basis.

Related Reading: Naprosyn | fever | prevention

Comment from: s, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 22

heel pain

Comment from: petey, 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 18

Used for coscochondritis, difficult to swallow due to taste, but overall, worked well.

Comment from: jonesy, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 05

After taking this medication for a couple of months, I developed "itchy" throat with a very dry cough. After stopping it for 2 days the itchiness has gone away and so has the cough. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but it was not a listed side effect of this medication. I guess I will have to just go back to plain old aspirin.

Related Reading: cough | aspirin

Comment from: jillcottongim, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 27

eases pain, causes heartburn, cramps stomachache

Comment from: pabear61, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 25

I was put on 500mg 2x a day but couldn't stomach it. I cut it back to 1 tablet, cutting it in half, am & pm. 2 months into, I'm now bleeding with bowel movements. I'm going to the Dr's today. This is the only new medication I'm on. It has helped the pain, but not worth this. Stomach has been queasy since starting meds.

Comment from: rdm, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 16

Last week, I had a small rotator cuff tear in the right shoulder. It swelled up and created significant pain. I had no mobility of my right arm at all. I couldn't even put my hand in my pocket. After 3 days with Naprosyn, the swelling and pain subsided. Mobility returned. I have a dull ache now and that fades each day. I took it with a full meal vs a glass of water because of its potency and warnings for proper and safe use. Since the rotator cuff doesn't heal itself, my doctor advised surgery to repair or use Naprosyn on an as needed basis if it flares up again. I declined surgery at this time because I am confident in using Naprosyn again if needed.

Comment from: MeccaMel , 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 11

Was given this drug for pain diagnosed with TMJ...Drug has helped pain but has caused uncomfortable feeling in upper stomach..almost like a gnawing feeling..After using for 2 days, I am stopping this drug because of side effects...If not for that, I would recommend Naproxen..

Comment from: elmhurst 5, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 23

huaI'm taking Naproxen 500mg for Lumbar spinal stenosis and still having some pain. I have been on naproxen for 3 months and it sometimes makes me nauseous. Is this a good long-term medicine for this condition? I also take hydrocodone for the pain.

Related Reading: Lumbar spinal stenosis

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options