Nardil User Reviews

Nardil - User Reviews

Nardil User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Nardil sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Larry, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 03

I have been taking Nardil for 20 years and it has been very effective in treating my depression. The side effects are difficult, particularly sleep problems, however they are not life-threatening like depression can be. I would not be able to function without it.

Related Reading: Nardil | depression | sleep

Comment from: normajane, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 24

I have been taking Nardil successfully for over 30 years. At one time I consulted a psychiatrist about a replacement. Ultimately he said that since it worked so well I should stay on it, and that he had put several other patients on it. The "dangerousness" of Nardil is directly related to consuming things that are on the "forbidden" list.

Comment from: At peace, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 29

I have been on Nardil for 25 years for depression/ anxiety disorder. It saved may life. Several years ago I went off it under the instructions of my dr. I felt absolutely no withdrawal effects. We tried almost every SSRI out there, with no positive results. I went back on Nardil and have been fine. For those of you out there afraid of a possible surgery, I have had an appendectomy, removal of a uterine cyst under general anesthesia, colonoscopies etc. and have had absolutely no issues. If you are depressed and anxious and nothing is working, do not be afraid of side effects. They are bothersome at first and then mostly disappear. This medication can ice you peace and sanity.

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 11

I have taken Nardil for many years. In February of this year, I decided to go off of it and try newer medications, SSRI's. The result is that I have had traumatic or vivid dreams from February to the present. Consequently, I have had to go back on the drug to try to stop these devestating side effects resulting from going off of Nardil. This drug is effective but very tricky as far as the diet and side effects are concerned. And, especially if you must have surgery, and you go off of the drug, you may have the same experience I have had, vivid dreams or nightmares.

Related Reading: nightmares

Comment from: Max, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 22

I have been taking Nardil for 32 years. I tried about a dozen drugs for my major depressionw/panic disorder and eventually was given Nardil. I got my life back after 6 years of suffering (I was losing hope...). I have not had any significant side effects or dietary complications, after the first 6 months of "adjusting".

Comment from: saudi pharmacist, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 11

i suffering from depression and social anixety diorder, i had tried many medications without benefit untill taking nardil

Comment from: elegant bride, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 17

I have taken Nardil for 34 years. I have tried every updated anti-anxiety/depression drug there is and I always have to go back to Nardil. I've finally given up trying to get off Nardil. I HATE the weight gain that goes with this medication. I have no problem with the food restrictions - I eat everything. I have also had major surgery and did not go off Nardil. Tell your anestheologist that you take Nardil and everything will be fine. I do wear a medic alert "charm" on a chain around my neck 24/7. You do NOT want anyone to administer DEMEROL to you. Nardil + Demerol = life threatening high blood pressure in minutes.

Related Reading: DEMEROL | high blood pressure

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 17

I have been taking nardil for 34 years. It is a miracle drug for me! I had a number of terrible life stresses occur in my life all at the same time (divorce, only child moved out of state & got laid off from a job I loved for 25 yrs). These major stresses caused my severe depression to come back. I tried everything under the sun. Nothing worked. My doctor said I should have added lithium or another medication to boost the nardil, rather than going off it. I feel lucky to be alive and am enjoying my life on nardil. It truly is the ONLY medication that works for me. Thank you, God!!!!