Nardil User Reviews

Nardil - User Reviews

Nardil User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Nardil sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 11

I took Nardil for several months. It did help with my depression. Sleeping was difficult. My brain never seemed to shut down. I was up most nights cleaning out the attic, cupboards, closets, etc. Drove my family crazy! I unexpectantly became pregnant. My doctor gave me specific directions for weaning off off Nardil. I followed them to the tee. A week or two into the weaning process, I started convulsing, shaking uncontrollably. This went on for three or four days and I lost my baby as a result. I know this drug helps with what seems to be a very hopeless and helpless illness, but this is a very dangerous drug. Nobody told me the possible side effects. Learn all you can about this drug before you take it and, please, be very very careful.

Comment from: catlady, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 03

I tried every antidepressant on the market, that either did not help or caused severe side effects. I was depressed for 20 years until I was prescribed, by my own research, Nardil. It was a miracle drug for me and I have felt normal since taking Nardil. No more horrible depression!

Comment from: Lola, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 11

I have been on Nardil for 15 years. I have been advised to withdraw from it and take another "more updated" antidepressant by some physicians. Withdrawal is surely an unpleasant experience, even slowly. I am now thinking that if it is not broken don't fix it. By that I mean if the Medication works for your problem, why change it. My only concern is if illness or surgery occurs, what happens when the Nardil is removed totally. That is a frightening thought.

Comment from: Winston Smith, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 25

It's a bit premature for me to be writing a review of Nardil, I've only been on it about 2 or 3 weeks, and I'm still not up to the recommended dose of 45 mg per day (three 15s) because I'm worried about interactions and side effects, of which Nardil has many, including food interactions. I haven't noticed any effects, positive or negative, at this point, probably because I just recently began taking 30 mg, after about 2 weeks at 15 mg.

Comment from: Pia, 75 or over on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 24

I've been on nardil now for 27 years. It has saved my life.I've gone off about 4 times thinking I no longer needed it. LOL, not so. Dr. had me try newer anti-depressants but no relief. I did have a shortlived happy expierence with Abilify. I'm very fortunate I've not expierenced any side effects from any foods. However I can not drink wine. That tought me a valuable lesson. Hopefully I've got 10-15 years of life left and hopefully I can afford to buy Nardil as I know if it were not for this drug I would not be here today.

Related Reading: Abilify

Comment from: bigdaddyhockey, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 28

Wow, do I feel different, for the better, after just two weeks of being on Nardil. I have been suffering with depression,Bipolar and social anxiety for most of my adult life, none of the SSRI's have worked. I just seemed to worse and gain weight. My past Dr's have tried everything, tyhroid therapy to increased levels of vit.D and light therapy, plus more, with all the tests I went through I felt like a human pin cushion. I was involved in a Prozac plus a unknown medication case study but was taken off the study due to extreme side affects and dangerous blood pressure increase. I was told by the Dr's invovled that I was untreatable and would possibility have go it alone without medications for the rest of my life, until now I hope. I found a new understanding Dr., I've noticed a big difference in my mood after just a few weeks. If you have being suffering with no response, talk to your Dr. about Nardil. Nardil so far is working for me, but I am a "newbie" and other the conficting food "no-no's" you read about. Nothing you read about with the food interactions are the same from report to report. I guess no one is the same?

Related Reading: Prozac

Comment from: Flower, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 24

This medication is at the bottom of the list of Antidepressants given, and I have been told to try newer ones by Drs. constantly. I have been on it for many, many years and it works well. The dentist is no problem. He uses non adrenaline novacaine and I have had many dental procedures without incident. Nardil should be considered as a good choice in Depression. I don't know what I would do without it.

Related Reading: Antidepressants

Comment from: cabrowne, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 13

Saved my life after trying multiple drugs of various classes and many ECT treatments. Still can't believe it. Miracle in a little orange pill. Makes my eyes water to write this, I am so grateful. I've been totally depression/anxiety free for six years now. Will never stop taking it. Had one food reaction, don't know what it was. Took emergency nephidipine and was fune. But I regularly eat all the diet no-nos with no problem. I really wish more doctors would try MAOIs, particularly Nardil, for their patients who have failed other drugs.