Nasalcrom User Reviews

Nasalcrom - User Reviews

Nasalcrom User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Nasalcrom sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Snugfitstudio, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 25

Nasalcrom works great for me, much better than antihistamine tablets that make me drowsy. If I wait until I get symptoms, releif starts in 2-3 days and full relief of symptoms in 1 week. Protection against pollin continues all season.

Related Reading: Nasalcrom

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 19

Still discovering what my newly-blooming problem has been for te past couple of years. Allergy tests say allergies, but of the antihistamines, Rx and OTC, tried so far, none have had any effect. Symptoms have been manageable except addition of nighttime stuffiness two months ago. Mouth-breathing by mid-sleep equaled bad sleep. Oxy sprays worked, but can only use for three days. Then I discover NasalCrom. By the second day of 4x, I was staying clear all day and night. A week later, I went to 3x, and am now 2x, early a.m. and late p.m. (if I even remember the a.m. since I've been so clear). I'm sold! and ready to buy it in bulk someplace! (Alas, apparently not much discounts on this.)

Related Reading: Allergy | sleep

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 22

I've been using Nasalcrom for about 8 years. It has mainly rendered my previous bad allergies to almost nothing with regular use. Not even pseudofedrine with decongestant worked consistently for me. Highly recommended!

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 26

I have been using this medication for about 8 years now and up until now it has worked very well for me. Now, it's not working as well as it used to, and it has given me breathing problems. I wouldn't recomend really long term use of this medication.

Comment from: Wendy in AZ, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 24

My husband, 11 year old daughter and myself have used this medication for about 8 months. It takes about 3 days of 4-5 times per day to become effective, and then we go to once or twice a day. We have noticed no side effects, except it tasted nasty at first. In previous years, we have taken every OTC medication and then ended up in urgent care anyway because nothing worked well. This last year was the first year we did not have to get the steroid shots. What's even better is that we can decide when we need to take it and when we don't need to take it. Just as long as we have that three day window, we can plan to take it around events we know will trigger our allergies (gymkhana, trail rides, stacking hay, cleaning barns), and then go off nasalcrom when we're done. Great stuff!!

Comment from: indianaguy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 05

Chronic rhinitis since ~10 yrs old. Constant nasal congestion requiring constant clearing of throat and frequent headaches. Kinda like someone had punched me in the nose all the time, and somewhat darkened rings around the eyes. Runners asthma during/ after 5+k runs. Parents didn't get it, even though dad was a vet. Started taking allergy shots in early 20's with minimal benefit. At age 41, noticed methylerythromycin cleared sinuses for about a week or two. Consulted physician and he prescribed Flonase. It worked wonderfully well...except for side effects which the physician said did not exist. Two puffs daily year-round for about 8 years. Flonase side effects: * Weight gain, 7%, and this seemed to be muscle. * Occasional bloody nose, accompanied by scabbing that rarely healed. * White spots on tonsils accompanied by some infection? Speculation: Candida? * Joint soreness beginning about 2 or 3 years after start, and it got slowly worse. Most of this can be associated with Lipitor that began about 6 years after starting Flonase. * Erectile dysfunction. Lipitor was likely the main cause, but things returned to normal after ceasing Flonase 6 months. NasalCrom: 2 puffs every 6 hours year around. I can tell after about 5 hours the benefits are waning. Benefits: * Minimal mucous in throat, reducing illness from colds to maybe one per year and despite working in a steel mill and on a farm around hay. * Lost the 7% weight gain experienced taking Flonase. Unfortunately, this seemed to be mucsle mass. * Libido improved to normal. * No muscle soreness. * No white spots on tonsils. These had been present for years while taking Flonase. * Runners asthma much less severe over no medication, and improved over Flonase. * No perceived negative side effects.

Related Reading: asthma | Flonase | Lipitor

Comment from: dpaul, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 24

Helped great with my allergies from cat dander and hay fever.

Related Reading: hay fever