Nasalcrom User Reviews

Nasalcrom - User Reviews

Nasalcrom User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Nasalcrom sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: edmpar, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 05

This treatment has worked as well or better than any other treatment I have tried. I do not use it all the time. Once in the a.m. and once at night if needed. I can't seem to get a description of side effects. Edmund Parent

Published: December 23

From Central Texas region, this product works pretty well with the Cedar Fever that hits this area in the winter. No side effects encountered. I have used this prduct for about 5 years

Related Reading: Fever

Comment from: Howard, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 04

Nasalcrom is a Mast Cell Inhibitor and prevents the release of histamine. To be most effective, it needs to be used prophylactically. I have used Nasalcrom for about 20 years - started when it was a prescription drug for allergic rhinitis. Once I got my sinuses healthy, I decreased dosage to once in the morning and once in the evening. During seasons of high allergens or before mowing grass, which bothers me, I will dose up. When I was under a allergy doctor's care years ago, he told me there were no known side effects and I could literally used every hour, if I felt that helped. The recommended dosage in the OTC Nasalcrom now states something much less, like four times a day. Some users may experience a stinging sensation in the noses for a few seconds and you may find you will get a white discharge (coagulated medication?) in the morning down the back of your throat. I believe Nasalcrom has helped me maintain healthy sinuses for years. My allergist once told me he had treated a fellow he was convinced had a chronic sinus infection for more than 20 years. Such acute infections take more than your standard 10 days of antibiotics to cure. 10 days just kills off the weak bugs and you end up with a superinfection from the superbugs. Make no mistake. If you have a sinus infection, it will take antibiotics to get rid of it. If you have had cold symptoms for more than 2 weeks, it is most likely a sinus infection. Go see your doctor! I have not had a sinus infection since being on Nasalcrom (20+ years). FDA clears Nasalcrom for over-the-counter sale Business Wire, Jan 6, 1997 http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_1997_Jan_6/ai_18990834/

Related Reading: sinus infection

Comment from: sweetmariepea, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: May 09

BEST ALLERGY PRODUCT I HAVE EVER USED. HAVE CAT ALLERGIES, NOW I HAVE 4 CATS - YES REALLY!! NASALCROM HAS SAVED MY LIFE FOR 15 YEARS WITH >> NO << SIDE EFFECTS AT ALL. NON-STEROIDAL, COMPLETELY UN-LIKE THOSE TERRIBLE STEROID SPRAYS LIKE NASANEX.... MY ENT DOC SAYS NASALCROM IS THE BEST THING GOING - AND SHE'S RIGHT!! SERIOUSLY, THIS HAS MADE ME FREE FROM ALL MY PREVIOUS ALLERGIES!!! YOU GOTTA TRY IT.

Comment from: travel man, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 11

I have a lifetime history of Nasal Poloyps. My nose has been a great Polop farm. I used steroid sprays for 5 years and developed eye internal bleeding. My eye doctor recommended Nasalcrom. Have used this product for about 11 years twice a day, a spray in each nostril. My poluyps have stayed away. My doctor says the Nasalcrom has kept the polyps from growing. Nasalcrom has worked very well for me.

Related Reading: internal bleeding

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 22

Nothing worked for me, OTC or prescribed medication. This is Nasolcrom has no side effects (I can sleep!!!)its inexpensive, and very very ease to use....