Nasonex User Reviews

Nasonex - User Reviews

Nasonex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Nasonex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: deb, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 18

I have used this product for less than two years. I recently found a natural supplement that works well. I wish I had never started taking this drug. I lost my sense of smell and after stopping it has returned but I smell cigarette smoke all the time even though no one is smoking. Again I am really disappointed.

Related Reading: smoking

Comment from: Brian, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 03

Works pretty ell if used correctly. I was previously trying to spray it straight up my nose and inhaling and that is incorrect. It needs to be sprayed at an angle towards the eyes while gently inhaling. This allows it to stay in the sinuses and work where it needs to work. It doesn't relieve 100% of my symptoms, but it helps a lot.

Comment from: Rchawks13, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 12

I am taking this for nasal polypsand sinusitis. I have been on it for almost a year and just switched ENT's. My current ENT told me to stop taking it and listed side effect. Heartburn, Nausea, Dizzyness, Loss of Smell, Loss of taste, headaches, Moodswings, fatigue, extreme muscle and joint pain, sinus infection, wheezing and difficulty breathing, extreme thirst, chapped lips. All of which I am experiencing. This is not the way a 30 year old healthy male (prior to nasonex) should live. My General Physician also told me to never use it again. I have been off of it for 4 days and should start to see side effects going away after 10 days.

Related Reading: Heartburn | fatigue | sinus infection

Comment from: Laurapzf@aol.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 12

I am so glad I found this site! The side effects are absolutely horrible. I thought I was losing my mind. Severe dizziness, headache, sinus pain/pressure, sore throat, blurry vision, eye pain/pressure, fatigue, nausea. I went to the Dr. numerous times to be put on antibiotics, sinus x-rays,CT scan, due to so much pain. Of course they found nothing wrong and could not explain my symptoms. Nasonex was prescribed for me 6 weeks ago, after a week I started having these symptoms and it has progressively gotten worse. I have been off the spray for just a day, after reading this. Other reviewers: please let me know when your symptoms subsided after stopping Nasonex.

Related Reading: dizziness | headache | sore throat

Comment from: tracey, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 26

Horrible! The side effects were way worse than the sinus drainage I was having to start with. Head pressure, headache, ear pain and popping, sever dizziness, loss of balance, vision problems, eye pain and pressure, neck and shoulder pain, nausea and irritability. I would have never taken even one dose of this if I had known these side effects were possible. I have been off Nasonex for 2 weeks now and the side effects are getting better, but they still haven't gone away!

Related Reading: Nasonex

Comment from: Drug Free, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 17

After only using this drug for 2 weeks I lost my sense of smell and taste completely. The only taste I have is sweet and sour and cannot smell anything. It is very upsetting and if I only knew that this could possibly happen I would NEVER have taken this drug! It has ruined a quality of my life and it scares me to think it is given out to young children!

Comment from: ccssanchez, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 29

Was on this medication for three weeks. At first sinus pain gone then began to notice a loss of taste and smell. Went off a few days, but thought surely the medication would not have caused it. Went about another week and decided to stop it. Have been off it a week and one-half and still can't taste sweet or salty or smell very week. I have noticed that at the back of my tongue I am beginning to get some taste back but almost choke trying to get the food back there to get a little of the taste back. I have not contacted my doctor as I have out of town, but will contact when I get back. I was happy to see someone else had the same problem.

Comment from: constantinople, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 27

I am a healthy, 45 y.o. male who took Nasonex for about four years to prevent symptoms of allergic rhinitis. Although the product worked effectively, it caused me to develop subcapsular cataracts in both of my eyes. I will eventually need a lens replacement operation. The product insert indicates a possible risk of cataracts in patients who are predisposed towards them. It also presents data from a study that found no increase in cataract formation. Clearly the long term adverse-effect profile has not been evaluated by Schering-Plough.

Related Reading: cataracts