Nasonex User Reviews

Nasonex - User Reviews

Nasonex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Nasonex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: honeybun, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 13

Caused more side effects than my allergies did. Lost sense of taste and smell. Food has no taste at all. Headaches, dizzy, head and sinus pressure. Metallic taste in mouth when I was using it. Used it for 3 months. Been off of Nasonex for 2 weeks, still have symptoms but not as severe.

Comment from: Michela, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 18

Nasonex has worked for me but I really don't like taking it. I have been taking it on and off for the past 8 years now. I usually start taking it when my sinus problems really flare up. I have told doctors that I have found that I get bronchitis or a sore throat when I take this drug and they always ignore me. One doctor told me that it couldn't be because I was on this drug. I think I know my body more than anyone to say that I believe my immune system gets shot to hell when I take Nasonex. Right now I have what my doctor believes is croup - that weird baby cough? Yes. Prior to this, less than 3 weeks ago, it was an eye infection and a different type of cough. Very phlemy. I have had more infections in the past 5 months than I've had in the past 5 years. I don't think this is a coincidence.

Related Reading: croup | cough

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 13

From the first day I started using this Medication I started getting a "Pressure" headach and it got worse every day I used Nasonex until I realized it might be the Nose Spray. So I stopped and within 1 day my headache disappeared. It was not a match for me.

Comment from: AndreaSabino, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 05

I was prescribed this to help clear out a 3 month sinus infection - after 3 weeks of use, I noticed a decrease in taste and smell. As of 1/2/08, I no longer have either at all. It's like living in a vacuum with no senses. Food tastes either sweet, hard, soft or cold. Other than that, only the taste of mint is distinquishable. I called my Dr & he said he'd never heard of this issue w/ Nasonex. I showed him the warning on the package insert & he couldn't say that the loss of senses was due to congestion or Nasonex so he changed me to Rhinocort Aqua. I'm hoping my senses return - I can't imagine going thru life without tasting or smelling again. This is very upsetting.

Related Reading: Rhinocort Aqua

Comment from: Harding, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 16

After using this medication for at least two weeks I lost my sense of smell and taste. This happened to me in early Spring and I haven't gotten it back. It is very upsetting to me. I do not know if it is reversable or will I be like this the rest of my life.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 17

It is working on my constant post nasal drip. But I am now experiencing heartburn - has anyone else noticed this side effect?cdi

Comment from: Ronbo, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 16

I took this Nasonex for Viral Sinusitis. In 2 days had lost all sense of smell. PLEASE STOP AND DO NOT USE. As a Fireman I need my senses to detech Smoke, Natural Gas, Exhaust from boilers etc. and not to mention cooking Firehouse food. If I can't taste,or smell the Dinner burning, they'll throw me out of the kitchen. Had to see ENT Doctor. He prescribed Prednisone 60mg x-7days,40mg x 4days,20mg x 2days,10mg x 1day to attack this aggresively to shrink the swelling around the olfactory nerves that are inflamed. Prednisone has some bad side effects but, only for long-term high doses 60-100mg 1-6 months. To me it's worth it. Just started dose today. I can taste sweet, salty and bitter at this time.

Comment from: Mark Hope, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 12

Suffered with a lot of nose blowing all my life [particularly for about an hour each morning) and about ten years ago this also seemed to cause my sinuses to become very blocked and painful. Started using the spray about 7 years ago and have improved immensley with all nose blowing stopped and sinuses clearing up and no apparent side effects. Currently have ocular hypertension (high pressure in eyes which bcan lead to glaucoma) and eye specialists have tentatively suggested that this might be due to the spray. My optician checked the possible side effects in an old medical book and ocular hypertension is listed as a rare side effect. Couldn't find confirmation of this online at Nasonex site or this one but been instructed to stop taking the pray for a while as an experiment and will then be tested again to see if pressure reduces. If my ocular hypertension goes away that will be great but I will miss the immense improvements that the spray has undoubtedly achieved. No doubt alternative remedies are available. I will update over the next few momnths as this experiment unfolds.

Related Reading: glaucoma