Nasonex User Reviews

Nasonex - User Reviews

Nasonex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Nasonex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Tyler, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 16

I am a 28 year old male and have been battling sinus congestion for most of my life. I gave up on Nasel spray a couple of years ago and started taking Claritin-D every day for years. It worked great but my kidneys took a beating and I started having bad kidney pain because of the decongestant. My doctor prescribed me Nasonex and after 3 or 4 bad nights it started working. It works fairly well but sometimes I feel that I can't breath very deeply when I play sports, I don't know if there is a mucas build up or some other side effect.

Related Reading: Claritin

Comment from: beachgurly, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 28

I have allergies year round, they sometimes turn into sinus infections so I have tried everything, claritin, allegra, etc.Finally a ENT put me on nasonex and it is like a wonder drug. In less than a week, no more stuffiness and I can sleep at night without my nose being stopped up. It is a miracle, I wish I would have tried it 5 years ago. I haven't experienced any of the numbness and loss of smell or taste. and I like it because it is not a steriod.

Related Reading: allegra | sleep

Comment from: mding38926, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 07

I took neo-synephrine like nasal spray 5+ times a day for almost 22 years. In less than 3 weeks I am down to once a day and hope to get it to zero. So far so good.

Related Reading: neo-synephrine

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 19

TOOK NASONEX FOR 1 MONTH AND HAVE LOST ALL SENSE OF SMELL AND TASTE. I AM STOPPING USAGE.

Comment from: sandyfarm, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 12

I have coughed more. I worry about the side effects of the steroid in Nasonex

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 05

I've only been using for a few days and noticed a numbness in my tongue and loss of taste. I've also had strange things happen with my eyes in sunlight. I'm seeing halos and hallucinogenic like colors that don't exist. After reading the comments here, I am stopping the use of this drug immediately.

Comment from: sjb559, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 27

Nasonex worked fine at first but then I started with a dry hacking cough from it. It caused my asthma to act up so I have to stop it.

Related Reading: asthma

Comment from: izt-ct, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 07

Every morning when I inhale this drug I have severe coughing as it runs down into my throat almost choking me. I am speaking to my doctor about an alternative to rthis medication

Comment from: Brooke, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: May 15

I've been using Nasonex on and off for about 10 years. I get occasionally nose bleeds and my immune system breaks down after using for more than 3 weeks. It works when I do use it but when I get the side effects I take a break and until I'm really really in need. I try to use it as a preventative and also when my nasals are inflammed.