Natazia User Reviews

Natazia - User Reviews

Natazia User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Natazia sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 19

I take Natazia for both birth control and ovarian cysts. I have an anxiety disorder that is very sensitive to hormones, so a pill that mimics natural horomone fluctuations was a must! I really like how I feel mentally -- as other pills have been nightmarish with mood swings and depression. What worries me is the breakthrough spotting during the third week and lack of(or, very light) period during the two placebos. All in all, I enjoy Natazia... but will not be taking it once my Bayer savings card runs out. $88! YIKES!

Related Reading: ovarian cysts | anxiety | depression

Comment from: Gilby730, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 10

I have had lots of problems with different pills on the market. Most recently, I was on YAZ. It worked just fine for about 3-4 months and about the 5th month into it I had continuous spotting and bleeding for a month. I called my doctor and she suggested Natazia. After about a week of Natazia, the bleeding stopped. When it was time for my regular period to arrive, I had cramps for about 3-4 days and very light spotting for two. THAT WAS IT! I had a bit of acne pop up the first month, but that has since cleared itself up. My mood is regular-much different than while I as on YAZ-I was a wreck for a while!! HA! So far, so good. Let's hope after month 5, I'm not back to complain!! Only complaint was with it being new-there is no generic-so cost (even with insurance) is pretty high. But go to the Bayer website and get the savings card. :-)

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 24

I'm not sure what I think of this pill. I was put on it because I had extreme monthly migraines. The first month I hated it. I always naturally had a light, short period but this made me bleed for 2 weeks straight and a migraine for about 10 days. My husband urged me to give it a try. For the next 8 months I completely stopped getting my period, stopped getting migraines and had an increased libido.I was happy but gained 25lbs and started getting acne for the first time ever. I didn't know what to do. I didn't want the migraines back. I haven't had relief in 20 years. Then these last 2 months I got my period back and the migraines. I will be switching. I didn't like the monthly pregnancy tests and if you forget a pill you will often have to throw out the pack and start over vs doubling up like other pills.Frustrated I gained all this weight for nothing.

Related Reading: migraine | pregnancy

Comment from: LovesDogs, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 11

I have taken lots of different oral contraceptives (Tri-Ortho Cyclen, Trivora 28, Yazmin, FemCon, Yaz, and Loestrin). I stopped taking Loestrin because it gave me terrible breakthrough bleeding mid-cycle. My doctor prescribed Natazia because it was supposed to stop this - and it did! I still got a very light, 4-day period with Natazia, but I didn't have any weight gain or other problems. There was a little acne at first, but that eventually subsided. I am TTC now, so I am off Natazia, and it took me 34 days to ovulate and 46 days to get my "real" period.

Related Reading: Trivora

Comment from: BRANDY, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 10

Having tried several Oral COntraceptive options before trying Natazia, I have not found it to have made much of a difference for me. I have been taking it for almost 9 months now, and I feel @ this point, it is what it is. I was placed on Natazia by my GYN due to continuous irregular bleeding priblems after trying numerous other options. It has not corrected my irreg bleeding nor has it been anything consistent. I NEVER know when I am going to spot, bleed or have a period. If I do spot sometimes it's 1-2 days to 6-9 days, I NEVER know. So I am highly considering trying yet another method of BC...this just isn't working for me. Hope this helps you.

Comment from: YosemiteGirl29, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 08

This pill makes me pyscho! If I am not bawling my eyes out over a leaf falling or a drop of rain on my windshield or even just breathing then I am possessed by a demon and ready to kill my husband and anyone that gets in my way. I cry at the tiniest, most inconsequential thing and if anyone just looks at me wrong I want to scream at them and throw something. I spot all month long and have a headache that will not go away. It works as far as I am not pregnant but man are these mood swings insane! I only have to take them for another month then I am getting my tubes tied!

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: mimi, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 12

I did not think i could take a daily pill. I was on Depo that caused me to add 30 pounds, depressed and irritable but the good news was i di dnot get a period. On Natazia for over a year now. I love it no side effects!! I Have my phone and wallet everywhere i go. so i set an alarm on it everyday at 7pm to remind me to take the pill. It has worked so far. Alarm goes off at 7pm, even boyfriend makes a joke of it, "pill time". It also regulates my mood. I used to PMS like crazy complete with crying fits. Now always steady. Sex drive the same as before..no weight gain and no acne. I love it! It has 5 phases so there are only 2 placebo pills giving you a period for only 3 days!