Neulasta User Reviews

Neulasta - User Reviews

Neulasta User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Neulasta sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Laura, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 08

I received Neulasta the very same day I had my first chemo treatment.Now in what I have read that should not have happened. Three days later I had extreme pain throughout my body. In calling my oncologist he told me to up the Ibprofin. The following week I was in ER fighting for my life. It had ruptured my spleen. Seven units of blood later and emergency surgury I made it back to the living. I have quit chemo and turned to natural healing. Life is precious and you shouldn't have to almost die to get your health back. So whatever amount of time I have to live will be as pain free as possible. There is a local surgeon doing a case study on me at this time.

Related Reading: Neulasta

Comment from: Rose, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 25

For me --this was the drug from hell! Right after my first shot I had a general ill feeling--exaustion and aches . Woke the next morning with pain throughout my body--bones--muscles--even skin hurt!! The Back of my head-neck-shoulders and upper back were swollen and sore to the touch --so hard to even lay my head on my pillow---sharp stabbing pains throughout my body and spine and for extra measure flu symptoms to boot. Four days of pure misery culminating with a trip to th ER Easter night with sever lower back pain with shooting sprays of pain in lower back to hips & down my legs to the back of my knees. There must be a better option for someone already dealing with Chemo and it's effects --which by the way were much milder than the Neulasta! I will ask to be taken off this drug at my next doctor visit.

Related Reading: flu | lower back pain

Comment from: Kely, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 30

My mom is experiencing horrible, debilitating back pain for 10 days now. Actually been admitted into the hospital. Could not eat, drink, sleep, or walk for 4 days before being admitted. Have been given Percoset every 3 hours for 3 days - no relief. Now being given Morphine every 12 hours along with Dauladin (10 times stronger than Morphine) every 2 - 5 hours with some relief, not complete relief. This is HORRIFIC! The doctors completely underestimated the pain and told us to give her Tylenol when the Percoset didn't work - WHAT!? I agree, with the other comment. If you don't get in front of this pain, it is too late. Before the next round we will start on the morphine 2 - 3 days prior so it has time to build up in the system and be ready at the first sign to attack it or be admitted into the hospital for pain management under monitored circumstances. She became suicidal from the pain before we finally convinced the ER doctor to admit her. The oncologist knew this and sent her home with more Percocet. Why not give her a loaded gun? If you are older, in poor physical condition, or have any bone problems like arthritis or osteoporois have a pain mgmt plan in place before starting the chemo. Build up your muscles with weights prior. Then hold on and be strong!

Related Reading: sleep | Tylenol | pain management

Comment from: kassas, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 04

The day after receiving an injection I was in the ER with severe chest pain. I thought it was a heart attack. After many tests, all negative, they beleive it was from the injection. I have refused future injections because it was very painful.

Related Reading: chest pain | heart attack

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 25

Bone pain for a couple of days, one week after the first injection. This was handled with pain pills, and I never hurt with subsequent injections. Medication seems to have done what it is supposed to.

Comment from: AnnMarie, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 10

I've just received cycle 3 of 8 cycles of Chemo, with Neulasta injections 2 times. I was NOT prepared emotionally for the intense pain, and debilitating effects of the Neulasta. If I had not had help from my husband for even the simpliest tasks I don't know what I would have done. I received my latest Neulasta injection 5 days ago. I am finally starting to get some strength back, and don't feel AS winded. My first round of Chemo didn't include Neulasta, and I went thru it like a breeze, but with Neulasta, not so good. Looking down the road at 5 more cycles of Chemo, I just want to cry at the thought of getting Neulasta and it's side effects. Any advice?

Comment from: chillywilly, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 04

As an aside, someone had mentioned that "you may have achy feelings like you have the flu". Sure do, but it's better than getting an infection.

Cancer