Neulasta User Reviews

Neulasta - User Reviews

Neulasta User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Neulasta sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Published: September 15

The first time I got the shot it was as they say, mild bone pain. The second and third time were soooo awful. After 24 hrs my bones, muscles, skin, you name it hurt head to toe. I could not be touched. It was all I could do to roll over in bed. I felt like I'd been hit by a truck. I understand an infection can be deadly and that the two days of debilitating pain were better than death. But I definately had to be talked into that last dose by my doctor, and if it came down to me getting that shot again or coming down with cholora, berry-berry some deadly infection or whatever I would probably take my chances. A body can take just so much.

Comment from: Sedona Lady, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 08

Like someone else who has written, YES, I feel like a nervous wreck, am shaking and feel VERY spacey. My MD told me this was from the Morphine I take. This cannot be so, as I've been on Morphine for years, and never felt like this. I have had this drug TWICE now, and I am saying now that I WILL NEVER have it again. True, it makes me feel more confident about going out in crowds, but I'd rather be a recluse than to feel like this. I can also recall having chest and rib pain the last time I had it, but so far (only two days out now) I haven't had this yet. Who knows what may happen, as the Neulasta seems to have long-term side effects--that is things show up days and even weeks after receiving this injection. The caregivers at the place I go to make it seem like a foregone conclusion, that I will get this no matter what. But I refused it once already, as my white count was about 7 and I didn't need it. I am an RN and I know what a good white count is and a bad one. You have to speak up and say NO, I don't want it. They make A TON of money on this, so naturally they want to give it out.

Comment from: ceb, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 16

This is the drug from hell. Besides everyone else's pain/side effects I would like to add that I went deaf for 2 10-15 min. periods, and my head felt like it was in a vice for 6 days; seriously considered suicide but no bullet for the gun. Arthritis areas felt like they were being ground with a mortor and pestal. This was my first shot of this drug and it will be my last - death is better than the hell this drug does to you. I have given birth to 2 children with no pain medication, suffered migraines 24/7 for 20 years, and I would gladly have the pain from both for the rest of my life on a daily basis than take another dose of this drug. My hearing is still not normal, will go to a dr. to have that checked, the chest pains were like having a heart attack, knees hurt where they never caused me trouble before...this is not worth it! If you have trouble with one dose, I wouldn't expect it to be any better with the 2nd one. Think twice about even taking this drug once!

Related Reading: suicide | Arthritis

Comment from: will be back!, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 23

Had shot after last treatment (4 of 6). WBC was 2.3. After shot, WBC went to 8.23. Achy back for a couple of days, nothing terrible. It's better than continuing to delay chemo because of low WBC. Dealing with the insurance company to get approval was the hardest part for me.

Comment from: The Green Mile Effect, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 15

I had a shot of this 24 hours after each chemo treatment I underwent for breast cancer in the fall of 2007. I experienced no side effects, I was never ill during chemo and oddly, since that time, (almost 3 years) I have not had so much as a common cold. I am wondering if there is a connection?

Related Reading: breast | cancer | common cold

Comment from: peeper, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 02

It is so painful on my legs and hips, I found it difficult to walk. It was given as a shot in my arm the day after chemo.

Comment from: Jerilee B, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 28

My experience was similar to the one above by Rose, the only difference is I suffered from the most acute migrane ever. I was literally down for 3 days. The pain so severe I could not think, I too experienced some deep back bone pain but compared nothing to the migrane. I found that once the pain is so severe it is too late to manage it. This being a side effect not too many patients seem to suffer from. I agree too with Rose far worse than the treatment itself, something else to raise the blood count has to be done for I am not in it for round two, I would rather live in a bubble.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: July 26

If you are having bone pain, try taking a Claritin prior to the shot. Many patients benefit from this and report much less pain.

Related Reading: Claritin