Neulasta User Reviews

Neulasta - User Reviews

Neulasta User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Neulasta sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: debra, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 20

I took neulasta from April 11 to July 31 2009.8 rounds of it tingly on day after injection & muscle-bone pain.It's almost 1 year from my last chemo & I have had constant pain in my right hip where I would get the injection any long term side affects from this drug?

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 14

I am very angry with my Dr. and his staff for not giving me information about the side effects of this drug before hand. When I called to tell them about the pain I am in they said "That's Normal" I have had a lot of pain in my life ,Herniated Disc 3 surgery's for that, natural child birth 2 times,and nothing has come close to the extreme pain I am in from this drug.The first few hours it started at my neck and headache then it has moved to all over my body, I have osteoporosis and bursitis in my hip and knee and at first thought that was what was causing my leg pain but it has never been this SEVERE! I will NOT be given this drug again and I will insist on information about any further Drug treatment they give to me.I have small cell Lung Cancer and have had four chemo-therapy treatments 3 days at a time.I had a Tumor on my neck that was choking me to death 8cmx3cm , The chemo has shrunk the tumor down and I greatly appreciate my Dr.s Efforts to save my life. But the quality of life is more important to me than the quantity. I want to be around for awhile,I'm 49 yrs old and have 5 grandchildren and another on the way in Sept.But to live in this kind of pain , how can I enjoy any time with them or even hold my new Grandaughter .My Advice to anyone is to ask questions and INSIST on answers.Make sure you know what you're getting into, I wish I had read the comments posted here before I took that shot. hind site is 20/20.Doctors should be required to give their patients all the information on any given drug and warn patients of side effects.

Related Reading: Herniated Disc | headache | osteoporosis

Comment from: marsha, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 16

My mother was given an injection of Neulasta on the same day that she received her chemo treatment, which was 25 days ago. She has been experiencing severe bone pain in her shoulders and arms for the entire time. She has also experienced serious itching. We have informed her doctor and she simply prescribes pain meds and anti-histimine for the itch, but she still needs both frequently. I would be interested in knowing if anyone else has had this severe of a reaction as I am quite cocerned.

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: sherman, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 19

I had the shot 24 hours after my first chemo treatment. It was 3 days later when I experienced severe rib cage pain and shortness of breathe. It hurts to breath in deeply or to turn on my sides, or to cough. I do manage it with Ibuprofen 800 and at night I take the tylenol with codine to sleep better. I had blood work done 6 days after the shot and my white blood count is down. This makes me wonder if it is worth the pain?

Related Reading: cough | Ibuprofen

Comment from: SandyG, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 13

Terrible drug. Bad side effets. Rapid heartbeat & pulse rate 2 hours after taking. Was told, just have to wait until drug wears off. Went on for well over 2 weeks. Could not sleep, eating was a problem Went to see Johns Hopkins doc, he confirmed Nulasta did it. Said they don't give it at Hopkins. I would die before taking it again. At $3,000 to $7,000 a shot you would think they could do better.

Comment from: ARDMSRTRVT, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 23

2ND OF THREE WEEK INTERVAL TREATMENTS COMPLETED FROM TOTAL OF 6. RIB, BACK AND BILATERAL HIP PAIN ABOUT 4 DAYS AFTER INJECTION OF NEULASTA. PAIN LASTED ABOUT 1 AND A HALF DAYS. TREATED WITH LORTAB 7.5. NATURAL THC SEEMS TO HELP ALL AROUND THE MOST. NEULASTA WORKING ACCORDING TO MY LABS. MAYBE I'M A LUCKY ONE.

Related Reading: LORTAB 7.5

Comment from: Teacher, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 20

There was some mild bone pain and achiness and a slight headache. Overall, nothing awful. Sure beats getting ill from decreased white blood cell count. I am a teacher and could not be around children who might be sick without taking the shot.

Cancer