Neulasta User Reviews

Neulasta - User Reviews

Neulasta User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Neulasta sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: boobzilla, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 19

I have had absolutely no ill effects from Neulasta. Maybe a little achiness around the injection site, similar to what I have with a flu shot. Other than that, no problems at all. I realize everyone's experience is different, and there are many folks who seem to be having bad experiences with Neulasta, but I can't help wondering if some of the bad effects described haven't been from the chemo people are taking, and not the Neulasta. If you're taking two drugs at once, how do you know which one is causing the side effect? I had many of the symptoms everyone is describing, with the same onset timeframes (Day 3 after infusion), from my first round of Taxol, which is known to cause myalgia and arthralgia (muscle and joint pains). I had horrible arthralgia; so bad I was up all night and couldn't sleep. Tried 800 mg ibuprofen, nothing. Tried Vicodin. Nada. When I was able to get in contact with my oncologist, she prescribed dexamethasone, a corticosteroid, which provided complete relief within hours. Wouldn't your oncologist suggest that the side effects might be from your chemo and not the Neulasta? I'm just saying, please make sure you've determined where your side effects are actually coming from so you can make an informed decision about using Neulasta or not.

Related Reading: Taxol | Vicodin | dexamethasone

Comment from: bbsoulful2, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 04

I had one round of chemo w/o Neulasta, and my white cells were nearly wiped out. I had a fever and felt awful for three days. With my second round, I received Neulasta the day after the chemo. The next day, I felt like I had the flu - bone aches (mostly my hips and pelvis, but also neck and long bones), and very bad headache. What worries me now is the abdominal pain I have this morning. I had stomach pain (mild) after the first round of chemo, and lost my appetite a little, but was able to eat. This pain sometimes doubles me over. I have been reading about the spleen damage that is rarely caused, and will call my doctor this morning.

Related Reading: fever | abdominal pain

Comment from: jojo, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 08

Was given this three days after my last dose of chemo. Was doing just fine, then sharp pains started shooting down my lower back into my legs. I couldn't sit, stand or lie down. Doctor gave me percocet 1-2 every 4 hours, but didn't help at all. By third day pain in my legs went away and moved up into my chest like a heart attack. This lasted 2 days. Now I have just finished another round of chemo and he wants to give me the shot again. DON'T KNOW!! This pain is worse than having a baby or my heart surgery.

Related Reading: percocet