Neupogen User Reviews

Neupogen - User Reviews

Neupogen User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Neupogen sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 27

My mother in law injects me once a day for a 5 day run each cycle of chemotherapy. The injection doesn't hurt much at all. I didn't have any side effects until my 5th shot. I have experienced pulsating pain in my lower spine and some other bones. Nothing a Tylenol can't take care of. Also I had a headache (but not sure if that is related or not). Overall, piece of cake.

Related Reading: Tylenol | headache

Comment from: bitsyspider, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 29

got the shot on Tuesday. Saturday up all night with pulsating pain in lower back both sides. Pain increased upon urination and defecation. Lasted partly thru Sunday.

Comment from: Mir , 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 12

I have taken 480mcg (the higher dose, there's a 300mcg dose too) for three sessions now - they brought my neutrophils, white blood cell count and hematocrit all up - really well! I had one evening of pulsing pain starting from lower back - real misery, but got permission to take ibuprofen and even just 400mg of that knocked the pain out. Have also had extreme pain on defecation once. Aside from these two, and only one lasted a few hours, all subsequent treatments have not really increased joint pain much. They *have* increased nausea/acid/gas, but meds help that. Just keep on the ondonsatron and you'll be ok.

Related Reading: ibuprofen

Comment from: mort, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 15

hurts initially when injected. pain goes away very quickly. suffer fron muscle and bone ache constantly

Comment from: Martha, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 27

Had life threatening allergic reaction to Neupogen.

Related Reading: Neupogen

Comment from: sommer, 7-12 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 14

helps in recovery during chemo. blood count bottoms out a week after treatment but with the meds it stabalizes a couple of days later. Very effective.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 19

I have experienced joint pains while on neupogen but for the most part it was tolerable.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 12

I have to take shots everyday, I have been on it daily at a lower dosage for about 4 months now, and I have now developed a great deal of pain in my kidneys and have started bruising so easily. It has stabilized my counts so that I am not getting sick as often. It did not really help when I took the larger doses 3 times a week. It was also difficult to get my insurance to cover the RX for me to take it myself at home.

Comment from: yankee17, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 27

Being treated for Breast Cancer, I'm on my 4th month of chemo. Taxotere is followed by 2 days of Neupogen shots. I've had no ill side effects, and go to the oncologist for the injecttion. It stings a lot, but pain goes away.

Related Reading: Breast | Cancer | Taxotere

Comment from: firstbornwolf, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 24

decrease in neutrophils in wbc, due to ribovarrin therapy and pegininteronalpha2a injections.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 06

The only part of this Drug that I found to be unsatisfactory is the joint pain.

Cancer