Neurontin User Reviews

Neurontin - User Reviews

Neurontin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Neurontin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: BAMAJOHN, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 09

A big fan of this drug. was given prescription for nerve ending pain about four years ago. has worked well for me. I hope this helps someone.

Comment from: Cyfan, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 04

I had neurapathic pain in my leg so bad that I lost all muscle in my leg and could hardly walk. I could not wear long pants because of pain. I started taking 300 MG of Neurontin once a day and worked up to 600 MG 3 times a day for a daily dosage of 1800 MG. I am now able to live a normal life. I have been able to put over 1400 miles on a bicycle and walk the golf course when I play golf. I have lost 30 pounds since starting Neurontin, it has allowed me to live the active lifestyle I like.

Comment from: suzee, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 22

I could not sleep without the aid of a sleeping pill before I started taking this drug...It has really helped me with the pain.

Comment from: cheryl, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 23

I have post polio syndrome .Eight years ago I started having leg pain that was so severe I had to stop doing my dayly walks and was unable to sleep. I was checked out for low back problems, found nouthing wrong. My doctor a neurosurgion, diagnosed me with post polio sydrome. Nougthing they could do but give me pain meds.I was very upset, pain meds did not help. I had been in the nursing field for 20yrs, so I was not going to leave it like that. I in vestigated the meds that might help me, after two months of suffering. I called my md., and asked if we could try neurontin, a very low dose. within two days my legs were pain free. My Dr. had to up the dosage afew times over the last seven years. fortunatly I'm still walking and pain free. s

Related Reading: polio

Comment from: Relieved, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 25

I began taking this medication in small doses working up to 600 mg 3X a day for trigeminal neuralgia, and nerve pain from cervical stenosis w/spondylosis. I have been able to sleep for the first time in 2 years, which no amount of sleeping pills or pain relievers was able to do for me. It also has calmed my tachycardia. I was already taking pain killers and muscle relaxants when I started taking this medication, so my fatigue and dizziness can be partially contributed to those. When I initially took neurontin, it wiped me out completely. This calmed over time as my body adjusted, but it has ultimately increased the drained feeling, dizziness and foggy feeling I experience throughout the day. I'll take the side effects over the degree of pain I was experiencing. In short, this medication has worked well for my nerve pain with noticable side effects that has taken some getting used to.

Related Reading: trigeminal neuralgia | fatigue | dizziness

Comment from: Sheesh, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 03

I'm taking 100mg 3 x's a day for nerve pain in my leg and foot due to a series of strokes. Not until I investigated this drug did I understand why I suddenly couldn't see out of my left eye as well as having stiffness and more cramping in my affected leg and foot. I fall asleep sitting up, standing,and while talking in the middle of a sentence. I get easily frustrated and crabby. I'm very uncoordinated and continually transpose letters while composing simple documents. My strength has always been in grammar which is now my biggest weakness. I've got blurred vision and look like I'm drunk when walking. My lips are in a constant blister and I have difficulty breathing. In the beginning it seemed to be helping. After the second week many side effects cropped up(I didn't list everything)and I didn't realize it was the neurontin. I tried the weaning process only to have more leg and foot cramps than before I started on it. Be super careful if you decide to take one pill! I'm reporting this to the FDA and whom ever else will listen. Not a good drug to experiment with without having proper supervision at your side 24-7. Danger is lurking.

Comment from: Patricia, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 10

I have been taking Neurontin for approx. nine years after suffering a spinal cord injury from an auto in which I was left partially paralyzed. After surgery, fusion of C-4 through C-7 and L5-S1 I was able to walk. I was also able to feel the extreme pain that was being masked while I was paralysed. My neurologist and I worked through many medications and we still have to tweak them now and then, however, we have found Neurontin works best for me with no real side effects. I have used Tegretol, Oxycodone, Lyrica, Lortab, Amitriptyline, among others. I understand what it is like to have to walk around in a fog so that is why I am not taking some of the other drugs. Neurontin does not completely remove pain, nerve pain is a very strange animal, and effects each person so differently. I have been told this is one of the safer drugs to take over a long period of time. I do recommend Neurontin for nerve pain. FYI, I do take 800 mgs three times a day along with 25 mgs of Elavil at bedtime.

Related Reading: Tegretol | Elavil

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.