Neurontin User Reviews

Neurontin - User Reviews

Neurontin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Neurontin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: margif513, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 19

While I believe that not all meds. treat everyone equally, I'm sorry for those who have found the side effects of this medication to be too much. I have finally gotten relief from the stabbing nerve pain in my calf and foot from a hip replacement. I also have better range of motion in my neck and shoulder due to an auto injury. The migraines are reduced and the pain in my back and hips from various spinal problems are also manageable. I also use fentanyl for chronic pain, as I didn't like the up and down that came with taking any kind of pain pill. The sleepiness can be a big problem, but try a narcolepsy type medication- they help greatly. I work hard just dealing with side effects and my conditions-fibromyalgia being one. So I understand many of the concerns. But freedom from all that pain is such a relief, I'm happy just to be able to do the little I can do now. It's much better than the nothing I was doing before. Be aware-be safe

Related Reading: chronic pain | narcolepsy

Comment from: happy, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 14

neurotin has helped with the hot flashes very much. i cannot use hormone replacement therapy because of i have coronary artery dx. the reason that i was given neurotin to begin with was neuropathy in my feet but i had noticed a decrease in the hot flashes while taking it. i had also read in prevention magazine that it would help with menopause symptoms.

Related Reading: prevention

Comment from: mtn05thbd@aol.com, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 18

For me to feel the effectivness large doses have been needed (400mg 3x's daily) Can be bothersome, always taking pills.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: May 25

After suffering from terrible nerve pain from my mandibular bone infection this medication was my saving grace. It made me less dependent on my other pain medications (Vicodin/Hydrocodone). The only drawback to this medication was that it took my body a long time to adjust to the side effects that I experienced (drowsiness/slow reflexes/confusion). But after five months I felt normal again. My advice when taking this medication is to give yourself time to adjust (especially when you are increasing the amount of your medication) and be vigilent when it comes to the side effects.

Related Reading: Vicodin

Comment from: Ken S., 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 28

2400mg/day for over 10 years with absolutely no side effects. I take it for pain associated with failed back surgeries. The big benefit the reduction of night time foot pain. Thank you Neurontin!

Related Reading: foot pain

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 08

WARNING! While this drug is known to cause weight gain, it can also cause an utter and complete loss of appetite. In combination with anti-depressants this can prove to be fatal, as total lethargy sets in, and inability to make rational decisions can overtake you. Wasting away and not really caring about it is not a recipe for success. If you are taking medications for high blood pressure be aware that this drug can lower your blood pressure to a dangerously low level. Be very careful about taking this drug and be certain you or your patient are under closely monitored supervision and regular doctor care. This drug may make you feel thick-headed, cause you to hallucinate, or be unable to awaken from a death-like sleep. The risks of many drugs do not always outweigh the benefits...and pharmaceuticals should not be used for other ailments which they were not intended to treat. I feel lucky to have come out alive after the hell this drug put me through.

Related Reading: high blood pressure

Comment from: shanchan, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 25

My mother was given this medicine for nerve pain. It got rid of the pain, but unfortunatly, her doctor didn't tell her about the severe reactions; sudden blindness, severe anxiety. She takes prozac and I found out if you are on antidepressants this is the worst med to be on. I further found out this med is for pain from seizures which my mother does not have. Don't know why her doc put her on this med. I flushed the pills down the toilet and found her a new doctor. Take this med at your own risk!

Related Reading: blindness | anxiety | prozac

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.