Nevanac User Reviews

Nevanac - User Reviews

Nevanac User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Nevanac sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: ppress, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 16

After cataract surgery, I was prescribed Nevanac and Omnipred. The surgery definitely corrected the dimness of vision caused by the cataract, but it left my visual acuity in that eye very reduced. The opthalmologist put me on a second course of Nevanac, suggesting that continued inflammation was the cause of the reduced acuity. After several weeks, with no improvement, I chose to discontinue the Nevanac. The acuity has neither improved nor worsened. I think I'll probably need further laser surgery to improve my vision(I would at least like to have the acuity I had before the cataract surgery), but am not sure if I trust the surgeon or the Nevanac at this point (not knowing why my vision is less sharp than when I started, though it is less dim).

Related Reading: Nevanac | Omnipred

Comment from: dwf, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 23

I took this medication prior to cataract surgery along with vigamox. Now after cataract surgery I use Nevanac, Vigamox, and Durezol drops three times a day in my right eye. All is going well except that I feel sick to my stomach after using. I think it's the Nevanac in combination with the other two that might be causing my stomach to feel bad. Wondering if anyone else has had a similar side effect from Nevanac.

Related Reading: vigamox | Durezol

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 04

Seems is the only antiflamatory choice for surgeons. Decreased my vision and had the sensation of something in my eye after my catarac surgery.

Comment from: rsp, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 27

Responding to dwf 55-64 on May 23 Have been on Nevanac for 4 days, for pre/post cataract surgery and feeling very nauseous. This is the same reaction I have to all NSAIDs taken in pill form. I plan to stop taking the drops.

Related Reading: NSAIDs

Comment from: trialbyfire101, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 09

8 weeks after cataract surgery & 2 weeks after laser surgery of the same eye. i was put on these drops for a post op infection & irritation. so far so good!

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 12

I had no side effects from it after cataract surgery. For a week after the surgery, whenever I felt a dull ache in my eye, the Nevanac seemed to soothe the ache, like an aspirin for my eye. My vision in the surgical eye is now 20/20.

Related Reading: aspirin

Comment from: solaas, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 16

Nevanac was prescribed for me following bilateral laser surgery for glaucoma. Withing one day after applying the drops I lost visual acuity excepting for response to light and dark and my eyes felt like they had been stuck with a hot polker. A week after cessation of the drops my vision was radically altered and I have cataracts. the doctor thinks I had a rare allergic reaction. Two days after the surgery he said my corneas looked "like ground glass." I am posting this so others will know of the rare, but possible, side effects.

Related Reading: glaucoma | cataracts

Comment from: scehus@aol.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 17

it burnes a few minutes but no other complaints.

Comment from: blondelady62@yahoo.com, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 30

Had cataract surgery and next day had extreme itching and pain. MD put me on this and I had immediate relief.

Related Reading: itching

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.