Nexavar User Reviews

Nexavar - User Reviews

Nexavar User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Nexavar sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: BLONDIE59, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 25

THE MAIN SIDE EFFECT I'M HAVING IS DIARRHEA.

Comment from: dorissau, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 18

Renal cell carcinoma..rt kidney removed w/lymph nodes, Dec 2008. On Sutent, ruptured my sigmoid colon. CT showed cancerous abdominal lymph nodes. Went on Nexavar Feb 2009. All the listed side effects (except heart attack)..diarrhea, nausea, mouth sores, hand & foot syndrome, rash from head to toe, hair (all head & body) gone.. very, very miserable. Took only 2 pills a day (half dose). P.E.T. scan in October showed the metastic lymph cancers were gone. Had my colostomy reversed Nov 2009. Going on maintenance dose (one per day) and hoping for the best.

Related Reading: Sutent | heart attack

Comment from: et, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: February 02

my husband has metastatic renal cell cancer, he started with tumors on his collar bone, esophogus, skull, lungs, diaphragm, and had right kidney removed. nexavar seemed to be keeping everything stable for about 3 years and the only side effects were diarrhea and a rash on hands and face which subsided after reducing the dose. for some reason unknown it had quit working and a bone scan revealed a new tumor growth eating through my husbands upper thigh bone. nexavar was stopped and he was put on chemotherapy drug Torisel, which seems to be keeping it stable so far but its only been 6 months.

Related Reading: Torisel

Comment from: vikki, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 30

i lost my hair with the tretment and that was the only side affect i had.

Published: May 29

My grandfather used this medication and it made him super sick and he had every side effect this medication has. It made what time he had left with his family very long and miserable for him.

Comment from: mcjax@ptd.net, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 27

have been on it for approx 3 weeks. how lonf before you know its working. my cancer is everywhere. responded to taxol well for about i yr. primary site unknown. docs felt it was kidney,liver or abdominal

Related Reading: taxol | liver

Comment from: vin, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 25

unfortunetly I came down with blood clots in my lungs as well as in the main artery. This situation was life threating and I was forced to stop taking nexavar. My cancer has subsided but am not sure the risk is worth the gain.

Related Reading: blood clots

Comment from: fred697, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 16

I have angiosarcoma of the head and neck. I have had several tumors removed, been on chemotherapy for 2 years and had 33 treatments of radiation. This year we found 2 tumors on my brain and removed them with the Cyberknife. The chemo I was on was: Doxil, Taxol and Avastin. This year they put me Taxol and Avastin but my legs went numb, so my doctor put me on Nexavar. I have several blisters on feet, my hands hurt, my mouth and scalp hurt, and for the first time, am not able to work because of the pain. I have been putting Bag Balm on my feet as told by my doctor, and this helps as it keeps the skin softened, but still hurts too bad to stand on for 8 hours.

Related Reading: Doxil | Avastin

Comment from: Rick H., 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 21

Renal cell carcinoma..left kidney removed w/lymph nodes (Stage 4), 9/28/09. Start ECOG Clinical Trails, I believe I'm on Sorafinib. The side effect are: diarrhea, mouth sores, hand & foot syndrome, rash on my head, lossing hair, My feet are the biggest problem. I have multiple blisters on my feet that are very painful. I work at a desk job and can still work. If I had to be on my feet for work, I would not be able to work. It's still to early to tell if it's doing any good.