Nexavar User Reviews

Nexavar - User Reviews

Nexavar User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Nexavar sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: rockysmom, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 23

My husband has been on Nexavar for 2 weeks and is having terrible side effects - hands so raw and sore he cannot touch anything and mouth sores so bad he cannot eat. Its way to early to tell if it is working for us - but I do not know how much longer he will be able to stay on it. They say some of the side effects go away in time but I am not sure he will make it long enough to see if that happens.

Comment from: moallendavis, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 13

I wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy after seeing what it did to my father. He took Nexavar for two weeks. On the second week he became very ill, vomited, could not control his bowel movements nor walk. The doctor prescribed this poison after he devoloped end stage liver cancer. After the second week the doctor took him off of Nexavar and gave him a week to live, on his last week he had Dementia, was screaming in agony and had stupors. He finally died from pneumonia and liver failure. I was very close to him.

Related Reading: Dementia | pneumonia

Comment from: jnfbueno@aol.com, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 19

two weeks on Nexavar, feet starting to get hot spots and is hard to walk. No other bad effects. takng 800 mg daily.

Comment from: Patt, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 02

Even though my husband was only on this for 2 months it did nothing but make the little time he has miserable.Maybe it was too late but his tumor went from golf ball size to covering his whole liver during that time.I hope it does help someone.

Comment from: Dottie, 65-74 (Patient) Published: January 19

Had a liver resection 7/22/11 where they removed a 2 1/2 lb. Tumor. Did not fit profile for hepatacellular carcinoma at all. Drs. Were surprised but, then again, why not me. Have lost most of hair , eyebrows, etc. But they will come back (I hope.). Rash in the beginning, no appetite, sore feet and constant diarrah. Have lost 45 lbs. So far. Could still lose more. Look good and feeling well. Everyone is amazed but I have a very positive attitude. I'm 67 year old female and have been married to my high school sweetheart for 45 years. I'm hoping to make it to our 50 anniversary, God willing. We can only do so much and the rest is upmto God. Keep the faith and pray.

Comment from: lydia, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 08

my husband has been diagnosed with liver cancer stage iv been on nexavar for 2 weeks. so far mild case of itchys. not bad at all. But it gives him alot of pain, naseau and fatigue. he has to be on a bland diet because of his bowels. He is on 800mg a day. In may we will see if this pill shrinks his tumors.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: Widow, on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 15

My husband was on nex. For a month. Lots of pain due to side effect. Colostomy, bleeding, leg swelling, back pain etc... Suffered for one year. And passed away in May 2011, He was only 51 years old. Saddly, it did not work for him.

Comment from: pastor, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 28

Nausea, vomiting and diarrhea