Nexium User Reviews

Nexium - User Reviews

Nexium User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Nexium sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: CM, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 03

I started with Nexium hoping to get rid of GERD. It worked at the beginning, but the side effects were nasty. I can't believed the amount of gas my body was producing!! Extreme fatigue and belching,muscle aches,lightheaded, short of breath, diarrea,lost 9 lbs.in 2 months. Also, needed Maalox and Pecpid AC. I finally stopped taking it in my own,after 4 1/2 months.I read the reviews, a lot of females suffered from fatigue, it seems that males do better... What else is in Nexium that causes so many side effects??

Related Reading: Nexium | fatigue

Comment from: zeeadler, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 23

I've been taking Nexium for years with good control, however whenever I attempt to stop using it, my problem returns and is worse than before. Now I read this med causes excess stomach acid whenever you stop taking it. This appears to be a trap to guarantee the continued use of Nexium, and all PPI drugs.

Comment from: Duramax76, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 06

Been on Nexium for 6 years. Works good for reflux. Can't stop taking it or symptom's return worse than before. They say it is only an 8 to 12 week treatment. They lied. I was also diagnosed with severe vitamin B12 deficency. I was getting muscle cramps, tingling and numbness in my hands and feet. They never did a study on long term use of PPI's, but they are now warning people about the vitamin deficency. A little too late for me. I have permanent nerve damage in my left foot due to the B12 deficency. This pill works good for heartburn, but is poison for your body with long term usage. Anybody who has been taking it for a long time should get there GI doctor to check their blood work often and ask about vitamin supplements. Astra-Zeneca should have put some better warnings on this poison before they would let Dr's prescribe for long term usage. Good luck with your insurance company paying for this overpriced pill.

Related Reading: B12 | muscle cramps | heartburn

Comment from: Marsha, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: October 15

I was treated for acid reflux and stomach ailments for three years with Nexium. I reached a point of feeling so miserable from the medication that I stopped two months ago. I feel almost like myself again. I eat very small meals and chew antacids. Gave up chocolate, milk and coffee. I've lost fifteen pounds. Plus I don't miss paying over $150 for medication each month.

Related Reading: antacids

Comment from: MK, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 05

After 2 years of using (was very effective) I started having panic attacks almost daily and after stopping medication they have gone away. I am sure it was the nexium - very scary. I now know others with same story. Too bad - it worked great for 2 years.

Related Reading: panic attacks

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 12

Nasty pill! I have palpitations, extreme cotton mouth, nausea, disturbed sleep (as in wake up at 4 a.m. and can't go back to sleep), elevated blood pressure, muscle pain -- I'm a walking text book of symptoms why you should try something else.

Related Reading: palpitations | sleep | muscle pain

Comment from: magiablanca, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 29

For the first few years it worked fine. Lately I have had heartburn no matter what. I have also had muscle waekness, headaches, lower back pain, trouble swallowing, shotness of breath, and other things like easy bruising. My doctor keeps brushing it all off, and I couldn't explain it- especially loosing 100 pounds without trying (not complaining about that one). Today I read an article in my local newspaper abput side effects from Nexium. WOW!! I had to come here, and I am so glad to see there are others with the same problems. I will stop taking it immediately!!! To everyone out there- please listen to your bodies. Noboby knows you better than you!! If you know something is not right-it is not right. I almost died from a reaction to stsins because the doctors kept wanting to say I was just having anxiety attacks!! BEWARE OF THESE NEW MEDICATIONS!!!! they are not time tested like the old ones, and they have NO IDEA of the long term side effects.

Related Reading: lower back pain | anxiety