Nexium User Reviews

Nexium - User Reviews

Nexium User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Nexium sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: concerned, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 11

when i first got heartburn i would take tums or rolaids. after a few years they would not work for me. so i progressed to zantac 75mg, they seem to work pretty good for a while then i had to up to the 150 mg zantac which worked for a little longer now i am taking nexium which i take faithfully every day. they say take them b4 breakfast, i tried that didn't work so well for me. I would wake up with my stomach feeling funny, actually would have to get out of bed because of the uncomfortable feeling. so i tried taking it b4 supper which was hard to remember sometime 20 min b4, but i soon learned that it didn't really matter if i took it b4 or during or after super it all worked out the same, very well. I have been on it for over 3 years daily now.But I am very concern on the side effects. especially because i have broken many bones in my body over my life. So am concerned about the increase of osteoporosis side effect.

Related Reading: zantac | osteoporosis

Comment from: kec, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 19

I have been on nexium for approximatly 6 months. Over the past few months I have been experiencing increasing pain in joints and bones. Now, I have incredible pain in my back and hips. I heard on the NEXIUM add today that bone fracture was a side effect. I am going to contact my doctor to discuss as I had never put these two problems together. I am surprised I had not been warned about this. I am over 50.

Comment from: tea girl, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 13

I have a love/hate relationship with Nexium! Yes, it is very effective taking all acid reflux symptoms away, however, I am always bloated and have gained a ton of weight, I have tried to stop taking the drug, but then I spit fire,....so ... i take again, no more acid, but the weight gain is miserable.

Comment from: guest2009, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 13

I've been taking this purple poison for 7 years. In the beginning had severe heart burn, chest pain, nausea, constant feeling of hunger. Tums helped a little and then GI diagnosed hiatal hernia, erosive esophagus, prescribed nexium. It works and i cannot get off this poison. Symptoms return immediately if i miss one day. 40mg every day or alternate 40-20-40 if i can get my hands on 20mg. Gained weight, 65lbs overweight, appetite is still not under control so i eat small meals often. GI can't explain weight gain but says some ppl gain wt. I also get panic attacks, although not every day and only in situations that call for panic. Have developed depression, anxiety, constant fatigue, still occasional nausea, rare but very severe vomiting every 2-3 years (can happen, according to my GI). Not sure if side effects of nexium or because i'm stuck with it for the rest of my life. Taking Citrical because PPI blocks calcium absorption. Who knows what else is not getting into my body because of nexium. GI is against PPI, recommends surgery. Fundo is very risky, irreversible, for those who suffer same condition. I don't know how i'll be able to afford this purple crap for the rest of my life. AstraZeneca has got us hooked on this pill. This purple addiction ruins my life one pill at a time.

Related Reading: chest pain | depression

Comment from: Joan, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 03

It helped my Gerd, but I started to have pain in my joints and stopped it.

Comment from: bearoneil, on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 01

I was diagnosis with gerd after having my gallbladder out. I was on Protonix and felt great until my insurance company wouldn't pay for my medication any more- wanted me to try a generic- made me very ill and prilosec is useless. I was put on nexium. I gained 45 pounds- Nexium is Magnesium salt- sodium- you gain weight people- it also isn't strong enough- I ended up having a severe allergic reaction hives arms back shoulders from taking this salt! It also makes you run for bathroom- Protonix is not salt- this works great for me! I had my Dr tell the insurance company I can't take Nexium anymore! and my life is so much better- I dropped 13 pounds of water in two weeks! I also reported the severe allergic reaction to the FDA- If you have problems with drugs tell the FDA!

Related Reading: hives

Comment from: tiredofthis, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 05

Nexium worked great. A bit too great. I think it totally shut down all acid production. Started getting severe memory loss. Thought I was going crazy. Couldn't remember peoples names, conversations, etc. people should be aware that these drugs cause B12 deficiency if used for a long time. Lack of B12 can cause several neurological symptoms. One of them memory loss. Also numbness and tingling in the extremities. I'm going this week to be tested. I have numbness in my left arm and several other symptoms of B12 deficiency. Everyone should be tested if you stay on these drugs for a long time.

GI Disorders