Nexium User Reviews

Nexium - User Reviews

Nexium User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Nexium sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Suzi, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 10

I've been taking nexium for 2 months now. At first it worked really fast in terms of stopping my heartburns but nowadays I've been feeling some back pain and extreme tiredness and shortness of breath. I missed 2 days and out of nowhere I was sweating and my heart raced and til this day my left arm feels heavy and my heart races too fast sometimes. I only had 1 diarrhea occasion which left me lightheaded I thought I was going to pass out. But my stupid dr. tells me there is no side effects and my insurance is a pain with getting this approved. Overall it helps my heartburn but I am not liking how my body is feeling lately.

Comment from: Patty3600, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 25

I was on aciiphex for years and it was wonderful, no side effects at all. The Insurance company desided that I had to switch to nexium about 2 years ago. The gas is a problem and the diarreah, but lately I am experiencing a hoarse throat, and have lost my ability to sing. After reading about all the side effects with this drug, I am going to look into whether or not this could be my problem. Right now I am so hoarse that I have trouble speaking! I also have had the problem of muscle aches and sleep difficulties. I wish they would let the Doctor put me back on Aciphex. It really works and NO side effects, ever. I was on it for years!

Related Reading: Aciphex

Comment from: rpmack221, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 20

I have had symptoms of what I was referring to as congestion. I spent approximately 4-1/2 years with an aggravated cough that grew worse at night which kept me from sleeping. These symptoms were miserable and unbearable. I spent years going from doctor to doctor and specialist to specialist trying to diagnose the cause of these symptoms. I was finally prescribed Nexium and these symptoms went away. This is a miracle drug, but unfortunately, I can't afford the $188.00 per month to continue the use, even with my insurance the cost was $158.00! I am going back into all the miserable symptoms I had for the last 4-1/2 years and not looking forward to it. I give the purple pill an “A+” for effectiveness, but I give the company an “F” for not allowing their purple pill to be more consumer friendly and available. I don't believe that one's health should not be decided by one's wealth…

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: Sal, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 25

I have been on Nexium for approx. 10 years and have found it very effective. However, after reading so many of your reviews, I realized that my signigicant iron deficiency could be due to this long term use of this drug. I also suffer from serious restless leg syndrome which has been linked to iron deficiency. I also want to note that I recently took benefiber to increase my fiber intake and after two days my reflux was back with a vengence. It has been two weeks and I am still feeling the effects. I would caution anyone with GERD not to take benefiber. It seems to have undone all of the good the Nexium does. I have the symptoms of a heart attack with pain high in my chest under my arm and into my jaw. It is very scary. I now use Maalox on a regular basis.

GI Disorders