Nicotrol User Reviews

Nicotrol - User Reviews

Nicotrol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Nicotrol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Ange, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 11

It only took me 2 months to quit, although I sucked on empty plastic stubs for another month or so. After 22 smoke-free months, I absently "bummed" a cigarette while at a casino (Sin City, indeed!). Smoked for about a year. Started back on the medicated inhaler about a week ago and expect to be successful - and more careful in the future!

Comment from: wif1, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 14

im still addicted to nicotine,after 5 yrs.how can i decrease my cravings for nicotine.im afraid if i go off this drug ill want to start smoking again.

Related Reading: nicotine | smoking

Comment from: Patsy, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 31

I have smoked at least 1 pack per day for over 30 years and have tried to quit several times with no suceess until I discovered the Nicotrol Inhaler. I have not had any side effects. I have not smoked for 7 1/2 months so far. I did not smoke as many cartridges as recommended and it still worked for me. The oral fixation was very difficult on previous quit attempts, so this product was very helpful - It gave me something to do with my hands. Great product and I have recommended to many others. GOOD LUCK!

Related Reading: Nicotrol

Comment from: No Smoke, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 06

I used the Nicotrol Inhaler in early 1999 to assist with my effort to quit smoking. I only had to use one full Rx of 42 pellets and half of a 2nd Rx, and I haven't had even one cigarette in over 10 years now, after 47 years of smoking. I developed moderate COPD in the past decade from my past smoking, but I'm certain the Nicotrol Inhaler has added years to my life, and the quality of my life as a nonsmoker so far is greatly enhanced.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 04

IT HAS KEPT ME FROM PICKING UP A CIGARETTE AND SMOKING FOR THE LAST 3 MOS WHEN I QUIT. HAVEN'T HAD A CIGARETTE SINCE.

Comment from: no-copd, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 06

This helps with the cravings. There is something missing. How do I stop the burning in the back of my throat and feel more satisfied with using the product physiologically like smoking did. I am determined to quit smoking but there is a lot missing.

Comment from: flowergrl1, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 14

The nicotine burnt the back of my mouth, but it worked wonderfully. The want is still there and will be for a while. It's been just over 2 weeks but it just will take some time and will power to do this. I know I can for my health.

Comment from: Shannon , 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 31

I am a pack a day smoker for over 20 years and have tried many times to quit. This is the only thing I've found that will give me the hand to mouth and nicotine in the same treatment. It curbs the withdrawl and the psycology of it is that I can still have a "smoke" without having a cigarette. The burning is uncomfortable, but that is making me NOT want to smoke. And you can't hold it comfortably like a cigarette so I'm changing that habit too. I am elated to have found something that will help me to finally lose this habit. I haven't had a single cigarette since I started this inhaler and I'm using far less than I smoked in cigarettes.

Comment from: bb28728, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 10

STAY AWAY FROM THIS INHALER!!!This has helped with cravings and the hand to mouth habit---but the burning in my mouth is HORRIBLE. I have not used this product in over a month and the buring sensation is still strong. I only used 1 cartridge and that was enough for me. My food tastes bad, as does everything else I put in my mouth,even mints,toothpaste, gum, toothpicks--anything!!Not sure if the buring will ever go away-but certainly hope so!!Smoking didn't hurt me as much as this inhaler. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT. And I can't find out if this will go away or not either, or if I've hurt myself by trying to help myself!!

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: March 09

Nicotrol inhaler was effective from the start for my husband. However, having an addiction problem to other substances, this may not have been the right path for him. He is addicted to Nicotrol and has used it for 8 1/2 yrs. Not sure why his doctor is still prescribing it. He has attempted twice to quit using this product, but has failed. There is a distinct, chemical odor from his skin which I believe is from Nicotrol use.

Smoking Cessation

Get tips, treatments, & motivation.