Nicotrol User Reviews

Nicotrol - User Reviews

Nicotrol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Nicotrol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: dc2274, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 14

this worked good for me tried others,but this did it

Comment from: Lorraine, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 05

My mother made me promise her to quit smoking on her deathbed, and I told her I would when I finished the cigarettes I had at home (6 cartons). At my mom's wake, I asked my good friend, who's a nurse, how was I going to keep that promise---I started smoking with her when I was 12 years old, and now I was 58, and had been smoking 46 years. She recommended the "Nicotrol Inhaler" prescription' I got the prescription from my doctor, and stopped smoking on the morning that I smoked my very last cigarette. I am within walking distance of a store; and, I was sure that I would buy a pack before the day was over, but I didn't. I'd tried patches, gum, and pills---none of them worked! I would recommend the inhaler method to anyone that wants to quit and can't. Believe me, my whole life centered around when I was going to have a cigarette, I stopped smoking in my house because I caused my cat to get asthma, I smoked on my back porch in winter weather of 32 degrees or less in New England while reading the morning paper and drinking coffee, the cigarette cough was most irritating & embarrassing at weddings, in church, or at the movies or a restaurant. I truly don't understand why there is not more publicity about this method of quitting smoking. It was the best for me!!!

Related Reading: asthma | cough

Smoking Cessation

Get tips, treatments, & motivation.