Niravam User Reviews

Niravam - User Reviews

Niravam User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Niravam sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Brooks, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 07

Medicine was effective at ending a panic attack, but I did have a cloudy feeling the rest of the day. I would take .25 mg durning an attack and start to feel better after about five minutes. I only use this medicine four to five times a year.

Comment from: tex, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 09

worked within 10 min. excellent for the high stress job.

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: tekila123, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 08

This worked wonders for my anxiety and panic attacks!! When I missed a dose I was cranky, had severe sweats, and felt as though my heart were about to jump out of my chest. I felt immediate relief after taking two under my tounge. Also helps to relax more for better sleep quality. I think this medication helpes more than others I have tried because I get relief {within three minutes}, I assume because it melts and gets into my system faster than other medication I have tried and waited for my body to digest.

Related Reading: anxiety | panic attacks | sleep

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 19

This calms me as soon as I take the pill.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 16

Works well for insomnia associated with anxiety. If I miss a dose, I can become anxious and depressed. Taken every night at bedtime seems to work best.

Related Reading: insomnia

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 27

I've used this in the past for panic attacks and it works wonders for me. I have not needed this med in a couple of years :) I am currently breastfeeding and am going thru some tough times right now and feel a panic attack coming on and really feel like I need to take my Niravam to help, but am worried about an interaction while nursing; does anyone have any thoughts on this by chance?!? i just want to be "OK" again without causing ANY problems with my 5 month old.

Related Reading: Niravam

Comment from: Bdrgnlady@aol.com, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 01

Niravam (1 mg 4x/day PRN) used with Cymbalta (60 mg. 2x/day) has been a life saver for me. Having several deaths (my husband & mother), and then loosing my home were just the icing on the cake. Thankfully, I have a psychiatrist who knows me well, and respects my knowledge of medication - giving me professional courtesy, as I was a mental health nurse. We are able to sit and discuss my problems, and I am able to give him appropriate feedback. My current dosage is extrememly effective, and I find that there are days when I do not have to use the full 4 mg. dosage. This is encouraging, but knowing that the Niravam is there if I do need it is comforting. Having lived with GAD and Clinical Depression since I was 17, and not knowing what it was until I entered the Mental Health field was a horror. Thinking I was going to die while driving, having to pull over and catch my breath and wait for my heart to stop pounding at a very young age until I was 30, did not give me very much independence. Upon learning how dibilitating these conditions were, and then being treated for them, certainly made a difference in my quality of life. Prior to the introduction of Niravam, I was taking alprazalome (generic), which was just ok, and did keep me calmer. Now that Niravam is on the market, and was given to me immediately, I can't say enough about it. The only problem I'm having are the co-pays for both Niravam and Cymbalta (now $40 each every month), and it is becoming a hardship, as these are not the only high co-pays I have. Patient assistance programs would certainly be beneficial to persons in my category, disabled, widowed, and on a fixed income.

Related Reading: Cymbalta | mental health | Depression

Comment from: suki2005, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 21

i've taken aprazolam before in its regular pill form but the Niravam works so much faster.I began a high stress job & my thinking was so muddled I made constant mistakes, my boss making my anxiety worse with threats instead of helping me. I started the niravam & immediately regained my concentration and was able to complete my project - but because my anxiety showed, I was fired.I tried to explain that I was under a doctor's care for depression & anxiety and that I was now on knew medication that was helping me. He was of those smug types who told me I was just making excuses for my own incompetence.Now unemployed I hope this med will keep me going so I can find a job with a decent boss.