Nolvadex User Reviews

Nolvadex - User Reviews

Nolvadex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Nolvadex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Galateea, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 26

Diagnosed stage 1a rect.poss with 8cm tumor at 45. Severe joint pain, depression, memory lapse, another $120.00 a year spent wasted! After lumpectomy, radiation then chemo Hell, with complete allover hair and nail loss, 3 years on treatment. BC showed up as contained tumors in lymph nodes underarm and in neck which 14 nodes removed and radiation again. refused chemo. Going to Alternative(CAM) Doctor. Wish me luck, I will be 50 this September. I have always been active and have been acused of being 35! I want to see my son graduate from college and maybe some grandchildren. Life is so unfair.I worked hard to get my life good, now this.

Related Reading: tumor | depression

Comment from: Susan, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 30

I have been using Nolvadex for the last 12 months and have severe side effects - dry mouth - hot flashes - lower back pain and joint pains - also forgetfullness and dizziness. Do you know of any other medication as an alternative.

Related Reading: Nolvadex | dry mouth | hot flashes

Comment from: survivor, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 06

I have had hot flashes consistently but it is a tolerable to be cancer free.

Related Reading: cancer

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 01

Following a lumpectomy, chemo and radiation I took Tamoxofen for just over a year. The hot flashes were pretty miserable, but the bone and joint pain along with memory loss and extreme fatigue made me talk to my MD about quality of life issues. The side effects of the drugs made me decide to quit taking it.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 13

Helped treat mild symptoms of gyno

Comment from: Ruth, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 26

I had my 1st radical mastetomy (2+ nodes) & chemo in 1993, & 5 yr of tamoxifen. I had contralateral breast cancer about 12 yr after ending 5 yr of tamoxifen. Again had surgery & chemo & am in my 5th yr of tamoxifen (have some neuropathy now & had superficial thrombosis). My md advises continuing tamoxien beyond 5 yr. Tamoxifen saved my life and I feel totally healthy, except that I now have neuropathy, hair thinning & recently had superficial thrombophlebitis. I have decided that since the benefit of tamoxifen lasts at least 10 yr that at age 75 the risks of continuing tamoxifen beyond 5 yr outweigh any possible benefit. When 12 yrs roles around again, I will be 87 yr.

Related Reading: breast

Breast Cancer

Find support and advances in treatment.