Nor-QD User Reviews

Nor-QD - User Reviews

Nor-QD User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Nor-QD sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Christy, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 26

Bleeding constantly.

Comment from: 55-64 (Patient) Published: September 01

Had shown very sensitive to progesterone products so should never have been prescribed this. Flared up diabetes where walking around in drunken stupor. Also increased symptoms with bipolar including irratibility.

Related Reading: diabetes

Comment from: Teddibee, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 25

I've been on this medication since December 2011, so far I have had three periods. One light period in the third month, light spotting two weeks after that. Then on the sixth month I had a very heavy flow and cramps. I'm not sure if this is related but I have had cramping in my ovary area for the past two months for one week at a time. I agree, I dont like not knowing when my period will arrive and I broke out in acne on my face and back. My face is slowly clearIng with the help of prescription epiduo but my back is still covered in acne. Although I am having trouble remembering to take the pill lately. I may have to change to another BC method. I have not become pregnant. Also have not gained any weight.

Related Reading: acne | epiduo

Comment from: princessdrea, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 10

I have been taking this product a little over 2 months dont really have any complaints just wish it was a little bit more effective..Other than that I really have no complaints. In the beginning I had to switch from taking it in the morning to at night before I went to bed because of how it made me feel other than that though everything is good..

Comment from: birdie25, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 13

I have been taking NORA-BE for over 2 years and I love it. Light periods, rarely PMS, and I lost 5 pounds when I first started. Other BC I was moody and gained weight. This pill is great; however, you must take it the same time every day for the first year or you will get your period.

Comment from: laracroft, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 28

I was prescirbed NOR QD. The first few months I was on it, my period came right one time. 5th month i was late a day. 6th month late a few more day.s 7th month, had my period 3 times in one month. 8th month was late. Not pregnant, took a lot of tests. It is effective, however I still don't trust it entirely so I use the pull out method. I just don't like that I never know when I will be getting my period. Ortho Tryclen lo is still the best one I ever had. I knew exactly what time and day I would have it. NORQD SUCKS!!!!!! I am switching as soon as I get put on my husbands insurance. THANK GOD!!!! Cuz if your anything like me, it sucks having to worry every freakin day if your pregnant are not because your dang birth control can't decide what day it wants ur period to start.

Related Reading: birth control

Comment from: laura, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 28

I hate this pill! I have been spotting ever since I started it. I was told that the spotting would stop after the first 3 months- as if that isnt long enough, it still hasnt stopped! Just 3 days after I started the pill, I started breaking out in acne like I did when I went through puberty! Its awful being a grown woman and looking like a preteen!! Im also often nauseated, and super cranky.

Related Reading: puberty

Comment from: katsmeow, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 21

I take this medicine,because of highblood pressure,but I havent had a period since.Everything seems fine,and its been 1yr using nora-be!(generic form)

Comment from: Shemar21, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 22

I have been on this pill for 7 years. I have had no issues except my insurance keeps going up on the price. It went from 8.00 to 28.00

Comment from: liveit, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 29

I've used this for 4 years. If you have to take hormonal BC this is the lesser of all evils. My doctor explained that this pill creates the hormone balance similar to when you are breast feeding, so you will crave more (probably eat more resulting in weight gain), and have mild acne. This is a low dose pill so all in all the negative effects for me were minimal, especially when compared to other pills. You are not necessarily supposed to get your period with this pill. I get spotting and "mini periods" every 3-4 months or so. I never worry about getting pregnant because I carefully take it at the same time every day. This is the best of hormonal BC I've used. (Ortho tricyclin, 3 yrs made me crazy, depo provera, 3 years caused severe migraines, aches, nuva ring 3 years which I also liked but I used it continuously so I wouldn't get a period otherwise migraines would knock me out for days). Anyway, nor Q D seems to be the right balance for me and is relatively cheap even if you have to pay out of pocket.

Related Reading: breast | depo provera