Norco 5/325 User Reviews

Norco 5/325 - User Reviews

Norco 5/325 User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Norco 5/325 sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 08

Norco and Viccadin. Not sure how to spell that, bot effect everyone differantly. Personally for my back pain I find norco to help. I am not sure why but generic watson brand works best for me. The side effects for me are not really much other than a calming feeling. Watch not to get addicted to the pill. Some get sleepy, some get sick, some get high. Personally those feelings depend on the person. Take on with food and see, then you will know how your body reacts. also I would try to take as low of a dose as possible as the body builds up a resistance to it and increasing the dose is necessary long term. All in all it is a good drug if you can take it. I can tak it on an empty stomach and it works even better. This drug is the same thing as viccodin only stronger in a sense that you can take more hydrocodone and not so much tynol and save your liver a bit. If it works it is a good drug, take it as prescribed and you should not be in much pain, if you are tell the dr and ask him to increase your dose.

Comment from: Brenda, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 23

I've had 9 abdominal surgeries by the age of 28. Which now has caused me to have sever pelvic pain, due to adhesion's. There are days I can be pain free, but during the pain, I can't even bend over to tie my son's shoes. I have been taking Norco now for five years, there was nothing that helped me in relieving this pain. Every few years I must return to surgery to remove the new growths. I would not be able to care for my young children, without this drug.

Comment from: bjr21, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 15

NORCO-10/325-IS VERY EASY TO USE, IS RELATIVELY EFFECTIVE, DEPENDING ON YOUR CONDITION OR CONDITIONS, AND OVERALL I HAVE BEEN PRETTY SATISFIED-- MY PROBLEM IS W/"THE DOCTORS WHO WON'T PRESCRIBE IT", BECAUSE "THEY ARE ALL LITTLE EUENICKS", WHEN IT COMES TO PRESCRIBING NARCOTICS!!!!!--- 99 % OF THE DOCTORS, WHETHER, THEY ARE FAMILY PRACTICE--ALL THE WAY TO PAIN SPECIALISTS----ARE HANDICAPPED BY THE D.E.A. OR THE F.D.A.---WHO TRY TO PUNISH, DOCTORS WHO, WANT TO AND "ARE TRYING TO HELP THEIR PATIENTS", AND "THOSE ARE VERY FEW DOCTORS", TO BE SURE--"WHO ACTUALLY WANT TO HELP THEIR PATIENTS", IT IS A VERY UNFORTUNATE THING THAT THE U.S.A. ("INSURANCE COMPANIES")- ARE STOPPING DOCTOR'S FROM DOING THEIR JOBS, THEIR JOB IS TO "DO NO HARM"---BUT IT IS VERY HARMFUL, WHEN ALL DOCTORS ARE AFRAID TO PRESCRIBE ANY NARCOTICS!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE 2 DISLOCATED DISC'S IN MY "NECK"--2 OR 3 OF THE SAME IN MY "THORASIC"-MIDDLE BACK, AND 2 OR 3 OF THE SAME IN MY "LUMBAR"--LOWER BACK!!!!!! I AM HANDICAPPED FROM STROKES, HEART ATTACK, "MENOPAUSE"- IS WHAT PUT ME INTO THIS HANDICAPPED SITUATION!!!!!! AND NO-ONE CARES ESPECIALLY "EUENICKS" DOCTORS!!!!!!!!-- SO GOOD LUCK FINDING A DOCTOR WHO WILL PRESCRIBE--NARCOTICS-WHICH IS WHAT NORCO-10/325.....IS, A NARCOTIC!!!!! THANK YOU, BRENDA RODGERS-I HAVE A FACE-BOOK PAGE IF YOU NEED TO CONTACT ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Related Reading: HEART ATTACK | MENOPAUSE

Comment from: Al Noch, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 05

I began taking Norco 10/325 a few years ago after a car accident. I'd had a bad lower back for about 10 years, but the accident left me with severe pain in my neck and shoulders as well. For a year first round of Norco was not good! I was getting 90 a month, I was taking up to 3 a day, getting totally high and moody at work (thank goodness I was in sales and not operating a forklift)..and then coming down at night with a potent muscle relaxant called Flexiril. The Dr. wasn't doing anything to help accept prescribe more pills. So I stopped going to see him, and now see another one who helps me with her Physical Therapist. Now I may take one Flexiril every couple of months when my pain is tremendous, and take just ONE Norco in the morning, no more than that. I feel I am dependent on it, as I get tired, and grouchy when I go a day without it. But I can live with taking one a day for now. As many others say in these reviews, PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH THIS DRUG! It is so easy to become addicted to it. If you take more than one or at most two a day you are in danger of becoming a slave to it.

Comment from: vegimite, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 27

I have been on Norco 10/325 for over 10 yrs now for osteoarthritis and a bad disk in my lumbar spine. Though I have had to increase the dosage periodically over the years to maintain pain control, Norco is the best pain med for me. I was tried on Morphine, Oxycontin and a couple of others, but Norco is the one that would allow me to actually function, since I had 2 kids in diapers and 2 in puberty when I was diagnosed. I have had no side effects from Norco at all. The one thing, however, is that there is a difference in the generics! The Watson brand (yellow tablet) is the one that works for me, but is now a special order from my medical plan. For some reason the white Mallinkrodt(sp?) pill just doesn't work as well. I have been told I will be on pain control for life, and Norco is the ticket. The bad thing is that I am now at my daily maximum for acetaminophen and can no longer increase my Norco intake and will have to augment with other medications for breakthrough pain. Please, WATSON, make a Norco with NO acetaminophen for those of us who need it!

Related Reading: osteoarthritis | puberty

Comment from: Trexmasters@aol.com, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 20

I have been taking this med. for about 1 year. I have become dependent on it. It does noy work very well now. The longer you use it the more problems it causes. The biggest is uncontrollable emotions. Be carefull it will ruin you life.

Chronic Pain/Back Pain