Norco 5/325 User Reviews

Norco 5/325 - User Reviews

Norco 5/325 User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Norco 5/325 sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: fibrohero, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 09

I have been taking Norco for years for treatment of Fibromyalgia and RSD pain (plus a few other fun things). I have fairly severe nerve damage and the pain is horrendous without meds. Before I found a doctor who would actually treat my pain, I wanted to give up. Taking the meds gave me back my life. I had to deal with the predjudice people have against people who take long-term pain meds and had to get over the fear of addiction. When the meds lose their effectiveness, I have my doc change me to a different med for a month or so and then switch back to the Norco. I have found that it just works the best for me. I have tried oxycontin, but have found that taking it longer than a few weeks the side effects are too severe. If you are taking Norco short-term, the risk of addiction isn't so bad. If you are taking this (or any narcotic) long-term, just be smart about it. If you find you are seeking other drugs or doctors, check yourself and get help if you need it. If you have a long-term illness like I have, get over the fact that you have to take narcotics and make the others in your life get over it, too. Norco gave me back my life. I appreciate the fact that there is something with few side effects that can help me this much.

Related Reading: Norco | Fibromyalgia | oxycontin

Comment from: Zigie's dad, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 09

I was taking Norco 10/350 for about a year for lower back/leg pain. After a while, effectivnes started to diminish and found myself taking more to maintain... 3-4/day. After a year, wanted to see if I could do without it, but had developed somewhat of a phys/ mental dependency. Went to Dr. and here is what we did. Slowly started to reduce amount taken by approx 1/2 pill every 5 days. It took some willpower and a determination to quit, but it worked. In about 20-25 days, you're done. To help with some of the withdrawal side effects, I used Ibuprofen 600mg 1-2/day and .5mg of Ativan/lorezapam 2/day and then slowly took less of those. Drink lots of water and exercise if possible. Toward the end, I was taking 1/2 Norco about 1 -2 hrs before bedtime and didn't get the restless legs. Overall, Norco worked for me, but be carefull, one can really start to like the opiate high and sense of euphoria. I can see how someone with a compulsive personality can get into trouble with this stuff after several weeks. In general, it takes about 3 weeks to develope a dependency and about 3 weeks to reverse it. Again, the reversal took a moderate amount of willingness to do so, but wasn't really that difficult or uncomfortable.

Related Reading: Ibuprofen | Ativan

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 18

I've taken this for about the last 3 yrs for endometriosis and chronic back pain. I'd been on the 7.5/325 dosage for 2 1/2 yrs then had to move up to the 10/325 dosage due to it having become less effective. I've never had an issues taking it on an empty stomach, and that's the best way to do so for the effectiveness to remain the same. My dr and I both agree that I'm at a low risk for dependency due to the way I take my meds., so I haven't had to worry about that either. I used to take vicodin 7.5/750 and switched to Norco to lessen the chances of liver damage down the road. Many ppl feel that this is a very strong drug, but in the ultimate scheme of things it's really not. There are many meds that are stronger on the market (eg OxyContin, Fentynol) and when combined with NSAID's its effects are that much better. I have found that most GP's and family drs will refer u to see a pain mgmt dr for ongoing treatment, and they want to see u every 2-4 wks for refills. If u have ongoing conditions this can get costly, but the medicine is worth it to relieve ur pain. I highly reccommend it for anyone who needs pain relief and has a fear of addiction.

Related Reading: endometriosis | vicodin | liver

Comment from: BrokenFirefighter, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 15

I am a disabled fire fighter I was hurt on the job. A roof fell ontop of me...anyways I have been thriough many surgerys and live with horrible pain. I have tried EVERYTHING!! and it ends up that I am alleric to most pain meds. I started taking Norco several years ago and it works great Its so wierd cuz I could take 6 percocets and it barely touches my pain I take 2-3 norco and it helps my pain so much. I do take 10-11 a day which is alot but i keep it under 12 a day on very bad days Thank god I have the same Dr who also did my surgerys ,when i tell other Dr.like my (PC)doc they flip out with the amout I take a day,but I dont take anything but the norco and ambian.My pain is overwhelming and its hard to just get up outta bed everyday if it wasnt for the norco I dont know what I would do. Alot of DRs nowadays dont understand PAIN So always be upfront with your Drs and clearly MAKE them understand what kind of pain you are in dont walk away with not being heard.I did that many years and lived with this pain until I just couldnt take it anymore. I mean and i am dealing with WC who just give me the worst time about paying for my meds. My career is over at 36 i shouldnt be denied basic things to just live like a normal person. I say to those trying norco try taking 1/2 at first and take it as directed I have seen may folks get all screwed up on this medication. Good luck to everyone out there with pain...sorry this was so long but i wanted to let people know they are never alone..Thanks for your time

Chronic Pain/Back Pain