Norpramin User Reviews

Norpramin - User Reviews

Norpramin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Norpramin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Jersey Girl, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 05

Began use after family crisis and onset of menapause. 25-50 mg was beneficial in mood elevating and less depression. After 10 years of use I find it helps with mental alertness and less fatigue.

Related Reading: depression | fatigue

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10+ years Published: March 20

Awesome Antidepressant with minimal side effects (dry mouth) so I chew alot of gum. I am a healthy 35 year old Male and have used since age 20. Would highly highly recommend this medication for depression. Not addictive or anything of that nature but I find it works for me so will probably take for life.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: mary, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 26

have been taking for about 10 yrs--suffered from severe depression prior to taking it--has worked so well, i'll probably take it for the rest of my life--

Comment from: new33here, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 18

Out of all the anti-depressants available, this tri-cyclic worked the best for me...It broke through the depression along with Pamalor......I am very thankful for this...

Comment from: jmanders2008, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 08

My doctor started me first on desipramine (generic version of Norpramin) without success. However when he started me on Norpramin (brand version), I started seeing the first signs of improvement in almost two years. I have been taking the drug now for about twelve years, and will be on it as a measure of prevention for the rest of my life.

Related Reading: Norpramin | prevention

Comment from: Rex, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 10

Use 25 mg daily at night to augment Prozac. I sleep better and feel better the next day. Works well for me and as a generic, cost is not significant.

Related Reading: Prozac | sleep

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 14

almost died from side effects

Comment from: krasi, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 29

It works really great since I have been on almost 90% of depression meds and this it the only one that works. The down side is I sweat buckets all day. I have few choices in meds so I have to deal with the constant sweating and it is terrible.

Comment from: stebar, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 22

I've had to continue to encrease about over the years. I'm up to 250mg daily.

Comment from: Rob, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 18

I just started taking 100 mg at bedtime. But, I have been very constipated while being on this medicine. Im gona have to talk to the doctor about the constipation problem and hopefully it will go away as I take this longer.

Related Reading: constipation

Comment from: LSC1212, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 02

Took this medication for about one year and when the physician increased the dosage it caused me to suffer sudden cardiac death. Thankfully my wife was in the same room when it happened and she knew CPR. If it wasn't for her this drug (drug class) would of killed me!!