Nortriptyline Hydrochloride Capsules User Reviews

Nortriptyline Hydrochloride Capsules - User Reviews

Nortriptyline Hydrochloride Capsules User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Nortriptyline Hydrochloride Capsules sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 19

This medication was prescribed to me for pain management. After three days on the medication I had severe seizures. 8 months after quiting the medication I am still having severe seizures and can no longer work or care for my 3 children. Use extreme caution and very low doses. Think this medication through before use. Talk it over with your doctor and family seriously before begining use.

Related Reading: pain management

Comment from: Solice, on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 16

I had severe headaches that would last 24/7 for weeks at a time. I was at the end of my rope. The only way I could stop the pain was to go to the hosiptal and get a Compazine i.v. I'd go home and sleep it off and a day later the headache would come back. If I weren't a mother I would have considered ending it. Absolutely nothing else worked. When I started taking this drug I had very strange dreams at first. You might want to start on a low dose and work up to a higher dosage. This medication helped my headaches within 24 hours. If you are desparate enough you will try anything and the dreams were weird, but I'd choose them over the pain anytime. The dreams went away and now if I miss the medication for 2 or more days the headaches come back. It is a lifesaver.

Related Reading: Compazine | sleep | headache

Comment from: Mary, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 05

I have taken the Nortriptyline capsules for 9 years. It has been a miracle drug for my back spasm/pain. When I first began 10mg I could feel 6" of my back relax and I as I raised to 50mg the relief worked up my spine. It doesn't make me sleepy or foggy the next day. One doctor wanted me to try Amitriptyline and I was foggy and hung over the next day. I was thankful that the doctors at Mayo Clinic started me on Nortriptyline as I get relief and no side effects.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 04

I have a pinched nerve in my neck and was given the 25mg dose. I was having pain and tingling most of the time down my right shoulder and arm, but after a couple of weeks on the medication the pain and tingling went away. I've now been taking it for two months with no problems. It does make you a little lethargic in the morning, but nothing that a little caffeine can't help.

Related Reading: pinched nerve

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 21

I was percribed this for migraine treatment and have only been on it for a week. I don't like this medication at all. I'm supposed to up the dosage by 10mg every 3 days until I reach 50mg and take it at bed time. I'm currently at 30mg and can't sleep at night. I have insomnia and this is making it worse. I'm also real moody and irritable. I am asking to be taken off this medication because it's interfering with my job. I tired all day but can't sleep at night. Everyone says I look like I'm feeling better but I'm not, my head just doesn't hurt as bad. I would not recomend this medication to anyone for any reason.

Related Reading: migraine | insomnia

Comment from: Kathyholbert1, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 02

I have lived with constant burning in my feet for 7 yrs. No medicine until this has help. the relief is wonderful. I had a very traumatic year last yr., 5 deaths in my immediate family and it really helped.

Comment from: Ripar00, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 11

After trying 8 different SSRI's I stopped taking all of them. For a couple of week's I felt good. Then I rebounded back with Depresion and Anxiety. Not that any of the other drugs helped much. Trazadone did for awhile. then the side effects kicked in. When I stopped the drugs, I started having brain freezes. little shocks evry time I moved my eyes or head. Sometimes 40-50 a minute. They lasted for about 6 weeks. Tey didn't stop until my Dr. (a new Dr.) had me start Nortriptyline. He started me on 10mgs, which is a very, very small dose. The brain freezes stopped right away. It took a little time and I have worked up to 50 mgs. I am not depressed hardly at all anymore. My anxiety is still there but is managable. My outlook on things is a lot better. Besides a little blurred vision, I am not having any side effects.

Related Reading: Anxiety