Norvasc User Reviews

Norvasc - User Reviews

Norvasc User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Norvasc sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: daviskingskid, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 05

Since I've been on Norvasc, I've had swollen ankles and I have been experiencing pain in my legs, hips and feet. My strength has deminished and I've had this stinging burning feeling in my feet and ankles. The only reason that I gave it two(2) stars for satisfaction is because it did lower my blood pressure, but I'm not satisfied at the overall experience.

Related Reading: Norvasc

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 04

Was on 10MG for 6 mths. Started having severe reactions, nightmares, shortness of breath, quickening heartbeat, extreme fatigue, extra heartbeat, sleeplessness. Talked to dr., kept notebook of BP & side effects, Was told to stay on meds. Developed heart attack type symptoms, went to emergency room, had stress test, blood work, etc. Cardiologist registered my severe reaction to Norvasc & took me off immediately. My suggestion...keep a notebook, do your own research, be persistent with your dr. & follow your instinct.

Related Reading: nightmares | fatigue | heart attack

Comment from: gnntrip, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 02

Pain and swelling in my feet and ankles.Severe fatigue,headache,not sleeping well.Vivid dreams.Only taking low dose 2.5mg BP is 140/80 I WANT TO GET OFF OF THIS!! I am also showing symptoms of depression!

Related Reading: headache | depression

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 27

I had uncontrolled high blood pressure for years until Norvasc was added to my meds. Norvasc was like the miracle drug for me. When the generic equivalent was substituted, however, I had an adverse reaction and my blood pressure skyrocketed. My Dr. has since written the prescription "daw". I would like to know the differences between the generic and non-generic drugs.

Related Reading: high blood pressure

Comment from: Wiggles610, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 09

This medication worked in lowering my blood pressure, but have had big problems with swelling in feet and legs. Lots of pain in feet and legs. Taking fluid pill, but does not keep the swelling down. Also losing hair, blurried vision, and headaches. I do not really like this medication.

Comment from: al, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 09

swelling of ankles,chest and angina pain

Related Reading: angina

Comment from: ILYSE, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 13

Sure wish my doctor would have been aware of the side effect of swelling. I had severe edema in my lower legs and ankles. This went on for several months. My doctor even had a therapist treat my legs with massage & tight wraps for months, to no avail. The swelling was so bad it caused blisters (which I still have, and always will, even after the swelling is gone). Sometimes my legs were so swollen & tight I was unable to stop the fluid from leaking & runing down my leg. Finally, my doctor had an 'idea' to change my blood pressure medicine - the swelling instantly stopped! So, just a warning to all, doctors can't know everything - sometimes we have to be our own advocates!

Related Reading: edema

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 16

Since using this drug I am dizzy all the time, have severe flushing, feet swelling, hair loss, I can feel my heart beating, and I have ringing in my ears. This drug is a joke.

Related Reading: hair loss