Norvasc User Reviews

Norvasc - User Reviews

Norvasc User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Norvasc sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 19

Had severe, painful swelling in legs and feet and blurred vission. So drowsy I would almost fall asleep at the wheel driving to and from work - and this was at a low dose.

Comment from: sailor1, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 29

Started taking Norvasc 5mg along with Lopressor 50mgx2, 1 month ago. Changed from Benicar and Catapress, which I had been on for 3 years due to extreme joint pain and headaches. After 1 month B/P was running around 140/90, so Dr. increased Norvasc to 7.5mg. Several days later, both feet/ankles swelled up like balloons. Couldn't walk on them. Chest pounding. Hands also swelled and face became red and flushed. Worst part was my ears became clogged like I had a head cold and I developed a ringing in one ear. Took hours to fall asleep. I freeked out and stopped taking the med for 1 day until I could get in contact with my DR. He had me go back to 5mg and see what happens. SCREW THAT!, I went to 2.5 on my own. 3 days later the swelling has gone down all the way, but I'm still stuck with a ringing, clogged ear, that is driving me insane. I have to sleep with a floor fan running next to the bed, just to block out the ringing. (wife has moved to the second bedroom) Dr. says I must have allerigies. Never had ear problems or ringing in my life until now. B/P 130/86. Dr. wants me to start on Diovan to lower B/P. Seems like a numbers game. More meds. I'm 51, ride my bike 3 miles, 4 X week, fast walk with the dog on weekends and eat real well now. Have an active job. No salt diet and have lost 22 lbs. I'm not sure I want to go back on any more meds. Hoping that my ear will clear up quickly. It seems like we have to indure all these side affects, just to lower our B/P. I hope you all can find your "magic" med. Good luck to all.

Related Reading: Lopressor | Benicar | sleep

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 25

My husband began taking norvas for high blood pressure around the end of July. Norvas did bring his blood pressure under control; however, his ankles became so swollen that they hung over the side of his shoes. The he has developed a mass in both breast and is having surgery tomorrow. This is very scary.

Related Reading: breast

Comment from: healthaware, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 06

Within one month of being on this drug, I began having severe headaches, selling of hands and feet, discoloration of leg from ankle to knee with ulcers around my ankle. Dr. refused to change it and did not treat me for the reaction. take myself off drug and see another physician, who could not believe nothing was done. Photographed my leg at three stages and send them with a complaint to the FDA, Insurance CO., Pharmaceutical Co., and the Medical Director of the Institution, then I contacted a Lawyer.

Comment from: mgeorgevernon, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 08

Swelling of feet and ankles, joint pain, feeling of tightness and swelling in hands, fingers.

Comment from: JereNeimer@aol.com, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 31

My cardiologist removed me from Benicar as I was having urinary problems and put me on the generic amlodopine about 15 months ago. I've gone from 5 to 10 to 15 mg to get b.p. reduced. Lately I've been having swelling of the feet, ankles and legs. My cardiologist says amlodopine won't cause that. I guess he doesn't read medical reports because I'm finding from many sources that the amlodopine causes leg swelling. I've reduced my dosage to 10 mg without adversely affecting my b.p. and it has helped reduce the swelling somewhat. My family doctor also said that this product won't cause swelling of the legs. You sure would think these guys would check this out rather than shooting from the hip.

Comment from: sj prin., 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 27

Started taking this drug after stopping Lisinopryl. Same side affects: shortness of breath, headache, insomnia, hair loss, loss of sex drive, etc. Dr. says blood pressure meds do not cause hair loss of affect sex drive?? Anyone else experience these side affects?

Related Reading: insomnia

Comment from: on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 01

I had no problems with Norvasc for a year. The insurance company then changed my prescription to the generic form and I started having extreme (very painful)swelling of the legs and ankles for several months. My (former) doctor did not know why I was swelling. Thank God I went to another doctor who immediate diagnosed the problem and change my prescription. Swelling went away immediately but a year later I still have darkness around my ankles from the swelling. I wish I had read the reviews before I started taking the medication. Also wished by former doctor had also.